Mango's Fruit Bowl (grow journal/log)

Yep definitely a male. So did some more research those seeds came from mark on strainly and apparently there is a lot of people on here that would grow his gear. Maybe we know why.lol. Those are beautiful plants and look outstanding for being in a solo. Holy cow.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate the compliment! They’re chugging right along! The little pots they’re in are similar to a solo cup, just a bit fatter all the way down. I usually use one step smaller than these to start, then transplant to these, then into 1gallon pots. But last run and this current run I’ll prob just keep them in these, just gotta water/feed more frequently but that’s no problem.

Years back I was running my 10x10room I was using 2 and 3 gallon pots as final size, but I ended up moving back down to 1 gallon pots to keep things smaller and more controllable, just had a higher plant count. :slight_smile:
Eventually I’ll be back to full capacity! Just waiting for the storm to clear out :pray:

3 Likes

Grizzly Purple Kush on left and middle.
Gorilla cookies on the right.
Probably pulling the male in a day or two.

3 Likes

A male from fem seed? That’s either extremely rare, or just disappointing. Well…both, lol.

1 Like

Yup, first time it’s ever happened. And ive grown tons of fem seeds. I’ve heard that it happens, although rarely. My biggest issue was I had a feeling it was a Male before it even showed its sex. It was taller than the rest and growing at 2x the rate lol.

Then I got to thinking that since these are supposed to be all feminized… and I have a Male… are they all gonna be Male, 2…3 of them? Which would severely hurt this current run and would have resulted in a big waste of time. But, all is well. I’ll settle for the 3 girls.

Now on to my next train of thought… if at the beginning of a run I decide on only four plants, I might just popping about 10 seeds to be safe. Even if they are feminized… and if I end up with all 10 females then I guess I’m running 10 plants LOL. Which in the end would be a great problem to have :upside_down_face:
I may try to get my hands on some female pollen to hit these females with, I don’t have the opportunity right now to do STS or CS on this run, but I think some female pollen would suffice at least to make some more feminized beans.

Speaking of, and I hate to ask anybody specifically but if somebody has feminized pollen they would like to donate to the cause, I’m willing to return half the seeds made to the donor. And maybe a pack or two of some random stuff I got in the vault

5 Likes

I’ve got feminized autoflower pollen!

It’s still drying. And I gotta take care of the creator of the Scarlet Grapes first. :wink:

Plants are looking great man! I still have the Grizzly Purple Kush feminized pollen that I froze from when I made those S1s. However, the pollen is 9 months old (but was frozen immediately), so not sure how viable it still is and it’s not very much help if you’re looking to cross those GPKs with something else. You can definitely count on getting only female seeds with the pollen if you do get any, though :grinning:.

I’m down to give you all I have and you can try and dump it on them. I did try to use a vial on a branch a few months back and only got like 10 seeds. I have I think at least 15 vials. If you are interested, let me know. No worries if not. Wouldn’t have to worry about sending any of the resulting seeds my way, as I already made more than I can handle lol.

1 Like

Sure!, I’d love to try lol. I do like how these GPK are growing. Both of them have a bunch of little side shoots/branches but the one has about twice the amount as the other. Perfect specimen to hit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Front two are Grizzly Purple Kush
Rear one is the Gorilla Cookies

1 Like

Pic1: GPK 1 and 2
Pic2: Gorilla Cookies
Pic3: All
Pic4: GC Male, prob will be culled soon

8 Likes

Starting to notice the smell coming from these ladies, especially about 10 to 20 mins after the lights go out. Its not super strong but will have my carbon filter/fan on standby lol. The one GPK has a catpiss/maple syrup aroma to her, I like it!

9 Likes

Well, there’s a new one! Lol

2 Likes

GPK1 GPK2 GC1

GPK1 is the stinky one

5 Likes

5 Likes

I got my devotee badge! I’ll be doing another giveaway in the next day or two. Hope everybody is having a great sunday.

4 Likes

Been a little warm, but otherwise a good day! Hope you had a great weekend friend! :green_heart:

1 Like

That’s awsome bud. 365 days, wow! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Just a little picture update. Everything is moving along nicely. Been hitting some spots with GPK pollen on all 3, but havent noticed it taking effect yet.

9 Likes

13 Likes

9 Likes