Marrone Bio Innovations

That regalia is giant knotweed, it’s fricken everywhere 'round here.

Plain old ethanol extraction of dried material.

2 Likes

So, make your own regalia potentially. Could be a project.

How ever they do their extraction produces a viscous dark brown liquid. Like used motor oil.

Since this stuff supposedly triggers a defensive response in the plant, it’ll also be interesting what other positive effects are produced.

2 Likes

Sorry, it was late, I was tired. Don’t want to sound like a grumpy old man. Glad the system is working for you. We had an active infestation of both thrips and two spotted mites. After 3-4 weeks of spraying with the grandevo (we also used venerate) we switched back to spinosad, neem and essential oils. We still have a bunch of both products sitting on the shelf. I should probably do some more tests one of these days.

Sorry, I’m outta likes for the day. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, not taken that way. Your experiences are equally valid, interesting, and a good data point.

1 Like

Still looking good, mid-flower at this point with the Marrone IPM. No difficult pests / no PM yet for this season with the exception of the ones mentioned earlier (on different plant species)…

2 Likes

On the final stretch, still working like a champ. No PM, no pests.

Welp, starting to wrap-up this season for the outdoor and supplemental greenhouse stuff.

Here is what we had:

:white_check_mark: Cabbage (outdoor)
:white_check_mark: :warning: Cucumbers (outdoor) *pollenators were scared. Had to stop and manually pollenate.
:white_check_mark: :warning: Tomatoes (outdoor) *pollenators were scared. Had to stop and manually pollenate.
:white_check_mark: Jalapenos (outdoors and greenhouse)
:white_check_mark: Anaheim Peppers (hatch) (outdoors and greenhouse)
:white_check_mark: Beets (greenhouse)
:white_check_mark: Carrots (greenhouse)
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Celery (greenhouse) *Aphids
:white_check_mark: Radishes (greenhouse)
:white_check_mark: Thyme (greenhouse)
:white_check_mark: Basil (greenhouse)
:white_check_mark: :warning: Variety of ornamentals (greenhouse) *Hibiscus spotted spider mites, controlled / eliminated.
:white_check_mark: Raspberries (outdoor)
:white_check_mark: And, of course, Cannabis

Using the Marrone products as an IPM worked well. Not perfectly but well enough such that the difference is apparent from past seasons.

There were no persistent pests on the cannabis. No PM found. Caught a couple of buds late season with early stage botytris but controlled. Some minor and easily controlled pests through the season that are not specifically labeled for control. No difficult pests at all on these plants despite having found them in the same general area.

Of the various crop, we thoroughly covered the cannabis with the Marrone product once weekly on a rotating basis. Other crop we were not nearly as thorough with. The celery fared the worse with a heavy aphid infestation. The succulent nature of the celery keep them going despite blasting them hard with only the Marrone products. Two spotted mites were found on a large hibiscus plant but was controlled/cleared by this product (this thing is typically attacked by everything).

Will be using this again as an IPM.

3 Likes

Second season using the Marrone products and is going well.

I wasn’t doing an IPM until thrips showed up in the greenhouse on some pole beans. And, they got around to the other plants.

Ran two applications of Grandevo and Regalia ~three days apart and the population appears knocked-down/controlled (foliar + drench). Will do one more application of this combination then switch to a regular IPM schedule rotating the Grandevo with Venerate for the remainder of the season.

3 Likes

Thrips made it to this seasons cannabis and also found what appears to be the beginning stage of a two spotted mite invasion (small population) … a couple of weeks ago.

Started management using Marrone, knocked down first wave of thrips. Second wave appears diminished and will continue program until harvest. Mites appear to have been knocked down as I haven’t seen any further mites on inspection at this point.

Wifey tends to bring this stuff into the greenhouse since she drops her outdoor work shoes and gear right next to all of the greenhouse plants.

2 Likes

Biocontrols for fungus. Short but the PI presents some results for PM, one of which is Regalia:

1 Like

I got some Regalia to use on my outdoor plants. While I plan to use 30ml Regalia per gallon of water in a drench, how much of this mixture should I use in a 17-18 gallon pot? One gallon every 7-10 days? More/less?

Would the same amount also be suggested for indoor plants?

My plants are in flower and I expect to harvest in around 4 weeks. ( Of course, the plants will tell me exactly when)

1 Like

For plants I run in a greenhouse, I add Regalia at the ~30ml / gal to a nutrient mixture for each feeding and then PH adjust. Right now, that’s at about each 4 days give or take.

1 Like