Mass Medical Strains

I have read a lot of differing opinions on the Mass Medical Strains (MMS) seeds, and I thought I would post here to get more opinions about them and their cultivars. I have had my eye on a few strains of theirs for quite awhile, such as PuTang, and I was wondering if the plants that people here have grown live up to the hype of their pictures and colorful descriptions that MMS posts online and in the seed banks.

I have read some negative things about the breeder in this thread here on overgrow:

I am not familiar with Prof P or any of the other people mentioned in the other thread, and have not heard the MMS guy on any podcasts, etc, so I am clueless about all of that, but felt that maybe it was best to discuss all of that here as well as other things MMS-related in this thread that I started specifically about Mass Medical Strains.

8 Likes

Peace. I’m my experience with their gear (which is limited) I have had the Fisheye OG and ran it nicely. I also have vegged the Prayer Pupil ( had to chop down becuz of unwanted guest soon to arrive​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sweat:). Have also vegged Putang. (cut that down for what I THOUGHT was balls on a confirmed female clone. I could have been wrong on it but didnt want to risk).
All in all I have had mixed opinions of him and his gear. I can say that he is not the most knowledgeable breeder as he can’t tell U anything about the plant if U use anything other than premixed supersoil as this is all he has grown with and admittedly doesn’t know much about nutes and clearly deficiencies. This to me is a bit twisted. How can one say they have spent time with a plant to breed and stabilize and yet dont know most of what could go wrong with it? How are U treating nute sensitivity and needs? If the bag doesn’t say he won’t know. I still have a collection of his beans tho. This is my observation that ANY1 who follows them (MMS) can tell U as he says it frequently.

Peace

6 Likes

I cant say anything bad about em. Only ran the e pupil but its solid. Got a keeper cut from it that bleeds burgundy n makes burgundy extract.

i crossed the cut with a tiramisuV2 male with both breeders blessings. Still havent run em yet.

10 Likes

Burgundy extract sounds interesting wonder if that trait will carry over to your cross that you made?

3 Likes

this guy who runs MMS seems like he is unstable

4 Likes

Glad I looked further into it. He has the gift of great descriptive writing, so my 1st impressions made me try a few. Mr e and another one of a 3 kind pack, idk it was a yr ago… I remember both vegd fine, started having issues in flower, tossed em,. Made room for everyone else who did great… Thug pug, medgrowers primal punch, empires buck… So afew breeders and nectar for the gods, and I wrote off as my error. Not sure what I bought, but I will hold off on wasting money on everything else besides the bean, until I read some ggod reviews of the final product, and see if others feel the way mms describes his magical beans. I feel like I did after I fell for kind leds… Marketing… If you are good, you can sell dog feces, and folks will buy it. Luckily HLG led lights are now making up for that mistake…
I am not sure now who’s not full of shit… I started noticing seed prices go from the standard 100bux for 10, and I was on an ocean grown, Vader, kick to start after only overseas who k ows vendors… This price point slowly climbed but remained reasonable until like a year ago ish. I start seeing 300,400,1500,and I thought I clicked on a bulk pricing or something… Nope, apparently there is weed out there that is magical, w 40% 1:1cbd/thc, cause I cannot think of a reason why it would be anywhere near worth that… Unless he funded a dangerous trip to a far away continent and brought back a landrace they brought to the table… I know I didn’t buy 7packs of seeds for 125 when I did buy it though… Had I not seen this forum, I might have bought, thinking that’s it, and they’re supposed to be killer, only to see a lot of suspicious shit being said. Idk, but usually where there is smoke…

1 Like

I was a tester for MMS for awhile, my plants have been on his catalogs for the past 2 years or so. He is a pretty decent breeder but as a person I do not like him. He is an odd dude and is very secretive of his actual identity even though I know a couple people who have figured out who he actually is.

5 Likes

He was handed fully finished lines. He’s a breeder along the lines of Nirvana and Copycat Genetics, but unlike them, he just pretends he did the work himself.

8 Likes

Agreed. I was admittedly being way to kind so I didn’t just sound like a total dick😂 A more accurate summation of how I feel would be: He comes up with some nice crosses. I really loved the cut of his Pupil Magoo that I had, it was instant shoulder-dropping stress relief medication. And a buddy had a cut of his Heavenly Sativa that was so awesome that it made me love sativas again after hating on em for years. But I think he is a self-righteous douche

7 Likes

Glad to have reread,not fucked up about this clown. Secretive odd dude,lol…you mean he doesn’t want an ass beating. As I just read heavenly sativa description on insaneseeds,didn’t know it was him,till in cart. So he’s a young,apprentice, stole some shit,popped up over night,and is an expert at it all. I had great luck w the few different beans in veg, only plants in a fifteen plant grow to have problems in flower. I’m not an expert,but when slurries,and ph is on point,everyone else praying, I cut them.havent tried to grow again,glad I just saved myself from buying one more of his beautifully written about shit. only ever used pre made super soil? This constitutes organic for him? That’s really all I need to be satisfied to put hi shit up for auction if he has fans,I hate being deceived. I started on nirvana 20yrs ago, and they were obviously knockoffs by name. Had some success,learned on the cheap, for beans…and they charged accordingly. Plus, they were in Amsterdam. Stupid kid is in mass. Hey,it’s ok💩head, karma is a bitch. But thanks for the thread, as I will not waste time, nutes, etc for beans I ca Mn make too, shit my cat has made 2 batches himself. #weedoutdeception

1 Like

My buddy can’t get enough of the putang. I’m running a few mms myself.

3 Likes

Which ones are you running?

Star pupil
2 putang phenos
Purple sponge freebie.

2 Likes

MMS blocked me on IG because I also followed some of his “haters”…aka people calling him out. Poor guy needs to surround himself exclusively with sycophants.

I have some MMS gear I acquired before I learned what type of person he is. Crystal Castles, Grape Pupil, Turbulent Juice plus freebies received around the same time may never be grown by me. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with them, so they’re still in cold storage for now.

2 Likes

Dont sleep on em… he may be a piece of work but his gear is pretty solid from what I’ve tried. I bet that grape pupil is :fire:

1 Like

I’m probably more inclined to sell/auction them. If I ever ended up growing them I’d likely refer to them as bag seed.

If you like mms, you should cop some of Professor Ps work.

I’m pretty sure all the information on ancestry is available, so you can cut out the MiddleManSeeds.

Get the same genetics, and support the artists that actually did the work.

14 Likes

I have two of Prof P’s that I’ve always wanted, now, thanks to a kind OG’er whose initials are @oleskool830. I have Crater Lake and Platinum Huckleberry Cookies. And I think someone sent me a Huckleberry Destar. Very excited to get into them. peace

7 Likes

Where can I find Professor P??? I’d like to check out his gear. Thanks, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray:

10 Likes
10 Likes