May I share my BOG story?

Hi all! I was so excited to see BOG referenced. Many years ago, I guess around 2000, I was on here, as the TokemasterGeneral. I grew so pretty good grows! One was a BOG Lifesaver grow, indoors. Delicious. I re-vegged one of the plants, and in June I planted it in a 30 gallon trash bucket of HI Brix soil, put it on wheels, and grew a massive bush outside. I babied this thing with as much TLC as my indoor grows. In the late summer a hunter wandered out of the woods and walked right up to the bush, which was now a 6 x 5 monster. He looked right at it, but didn’t mention it. So I assumed he was either going to rat me out or steal it.
I told my good buddy and he immediately rented a haul and we loaded that tree into the haul and drove it to his girlfriend’s house. The site was less than ideal. The neighborhood smelled and I mean the neighborhood. We harvested first week of October and they were the best outdoor nuggs I’ve had to this day. We got 17 0z of killer nuggets and probably used 3-4 z of popcorn for butter.

31 Likes

BOG, never get tired of hearing BOG stories. Cool man.

9 Likes

I still have notes on paper from BOG posts back in the day. Legends never die. :beers:

7 Likes

My only BOG story…back in the old Overgrow days BOG was interested in my SWC/TRON grows…he was fascinated how I turned my Phototron into a hydro growing machine and he liked the idea that I turned it into a set it and forget it way of growing…I didn’t chase the PH, didn’t change my reservoir from veg to flower nutes and I didn’t do any kind of flush and I also had the feed-a-tron device hooked up to it…the feed-a-tron was a device that would add water to my reservoir automatically when the water got low…Its a great device and I was able to go on vacation for 2+ weeks without worrying about my SWC/TRON grows.

Anyway he gifted me his Bogglegum seeds because he wanted to see it grown in my Phototrons. The Bogglegum was grown successfully in my SWC/TRON grows…A few months have past and he wanted to know if I wanted his newest creation which was Sour Bubble and I couldn’t say no because his first strain that I grew were kickass…I told him that he had great genetics and it was a great pleasure to have grown it in my Phototrons…He also said that people on Overgrow are going to start to wonder that he is paying me to say good things about his genetics…Bog was also the first guy I got seeds for free on Overgrow…Back in the old Overgrow we traded/gave out seeds and cuttings/clones even if it was your first day on Overgrow. BOG was best…I wish I had pix to show but they were all in my Overgrow gallery…

Feed-a-Tron

17 Likes

I love BOG stories! Do tell.

5 Likes

Recently got a pass to Bogs legacy
Can’t wait to run these…

5 Likes

Nice I got some lifesaver f2s to give a try for my first bog genetics those sounds awesome i bet mixed with sour bubble would be a great cross after seeing how well @DougDawson sour bubble plants look @Skyf

2 Likes

BOG Rules.
3ef6e6a5e093c62717d4ec93d0df7b120e8c4648_2_666x500 43255a14acbffb07f78022696df86ae043b14ee2_2_666x500

11 Likes

That top pic says Bushy Over Grower…LOL
I know that was not his name, but it fits here!

4 Likes

Dude!! My first grow was in a Phototron!

3 Likes

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

3 Likes

Really like the story @PhilCuisine and how he was curious about how the Tron would work out and I’m considering trying to grow one in mine and I have heard nothing but amazing stories and how much he truly enjoyed making quality genetics for us all to benefit from and it’s just awesome to still have the chance to get some of his genetics thanks for the story The Doc

2 Likes