BOG Remembrance Day 2023 OverGrow the World with LOVE. 👽

Everything BOG seeds family, friends and fans have ever grown led us all to this moment. A decade before he became BOG on OverGrow, he was the bubble gum guru. Jim and Pat provided decades of quality cannabis genetics to anyone who wanted or needed medical grade marijuana. Realistic prices for seeds, friendly service and a smile became his brand. BOG gave away seeds to Testers, Veterans, Friends and people from every continent.

It’s been 3 years since he passed, The BOG seeds family and the cannabis community worldwide was devastated. The mortality punch that followed for the people who loved BOG was extreme, we all hoped that BOG jr. Would step in and take over to continue the strains that we all have grown over the years. People from OverGrow have taken upon themselves to preserve a hand full of the genetics that BOG seeds provided for future generations of growers. Members of the SBCS crew have made sure that he will never be forgotten.

Do you have a BOG story that you would like to share, the first BOG seeds you grew, that time he helped you out… What do you remember about BOG? Are you helping preserve BOG strains?

Happy Winter Solstice.

Please feel free to share your grow pictures, videos, stories you have about BOG strains.
OverGrow the World with LOVE. :alien:

Making of the world first BOG seeds poster is in progress:

Wanna hear what BOG Jr. has to say in 2022?

53 Likes

Wiki Sign up to win seeds:

1. @CocoaCoir :us:
  2. @Wizdom
  3. @freed111 :canada:
  4. @smokekulture
  5. @OhNo555 :us: :santa: :christmas_tree: :snowman_with_snow:
  6. @CapnCannabis :us:
  7. @olschool
  8. @Hapi :us:
  9. @Jpaul :us:
  10. @NoCal
  11. @sunra108 :us:
  12. @Amendment3
  13. @DrEvill :us:
  14. @Krommm
  15. @Blackbeard :us:
  16. @Bobgrows :us_outlying_islands:
  17. @Cartwright :us:
  18. @LzBoy
  19. @503BudMan
  20. @OnePassionateGrower
  21. @GallacreekD66
  22. @j0ebob :us:
  23. @420noob
  24. @unomas :us:
  25. @CanuckistanPete
  26. @Weednerd.Anthony :us:
  27. @tresbundles
  28. @Tuned :canada:
  29. @Smooth
  30. @m0sirys
  31. @ChinookKing :us:
  32. @HomegrownVABudz
  33. @I.am.human
  34. @Pigeonman :canada: :metal:
  35. @JOHN1234 :us:
  36. @ervasagrada :brazil:
  37. @Turpman :canada:
  38. @MyLittleGrundle :us:
  39. @harveest
  40. @blowdout2269
  41. @Garcimore :fr:
  42. @Illicitmango
  43. @SubzeroIceKold
  44. @HealingHerb :australia:
  45. @Tripl3fastaction
  46. @bigbluedog360 :us:
  47. @MyrtleGrounds
  48. @TopShelfTrees1
  49. @cannaloop
  50. @Pannonian
  51. @DesertHeartGardens
  52. @Whatnow
  53. @duo :canada:
  54. @ShadyLikeSlim :us:
49 Likes

I remember first coming to the original overgrow looking for mushroom spores. I used to grow a ton of mushrooms because I couldn’t grow marijuana because of the smell. It was easier to hide the mushrooms way before I knew anything about breeders or anything. I fell in love with BoGs pictures. His plants were always some of the nicest looking things I’ve ever seen. I remember he would have those wooden Keif boxes that would have so much in it and wanting to get a couple of those for when I started to grow. About five six years back my brother got me a pack of his seeds. I am yet to drop them and then come to find out if his passing was quite sad. I am growing a cross Someone did of his seeds bog bubble cross with sour bubble. RIP BOG

14 Likes

Be nice to hear some stories👍

7 Likes

Thanks for the chance @Heliosphear in the giveaway, man it’s nice to see you back! :wink::partying_face::+1::+1::star_struck::santa::christmas_tree::snowman_with_snow::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

I’ve not yet had the opportunity to grow out any 100% BOG gear, but I remember browsing the original Overgrow back in the early 2000s and loving everything BOG posted.

My dream back then and still today is growing the best medicine. BOG really lived that life and put it to practice. The more that BOG can be spread through his work and people remembering his legacy the better the world will be.

Overgrow the world! Overgrow for BOG!

6 Likes

I just donated about 35 flips of BOGs Sourbluetooth to the veterans giveaway that hooks me up every year.Theres going to be a whole lot of BOG going around this spring.The arsenal of BOG Pollen i got from Doug is going to make for some interesting crosses

14 Likes

Sorry i overwrite by accident @olschool

5 Likes

Ok I’ll try at #7

currently

10 Likes

RIP. Thanks for the chance. I’ve heard good things about BOG. I Havent grown any myself but lifesavers is one of my favorites that i’ve had back in the day! Real medicinal and chill. Very distinctive taste of eating all the lifesavers at once. I never forgot it even though I only encountered it once or twice back in the day.

6 Likes

What a great Thread @Heliosphear
I never grew any of bog’s work until now.
I have a sour bubble from @Tonygreen tribute going right now.
I remember back when Bog won a cup and was on the forums and how happy
everyone was for him. I was too paranoid back then to talk on the forums.
Thank s for a chance at the giveaway as well.

7 Likes

Seeds to be given away in memory of BOG today.

@DougDawson 1 25 seed pack with collectors card: Blue Moon Rocks
@Cyr_grow 3 20 seed packs: SBT
@buckaroobonsai 13 seed pack: SourBubble
@Heliosphear 1 10 seed pack: Sour Grape F2

The first pack of seeds will be given away @4:20PM EST seeyah here! :sunglasses:
I met Uncle Stoner in Amsterdam, was surprised to see his interview with BOG later in life.

25 Likes

I was kinda late to the party, but once we went legal, it was all in. After 6+ months of reading about breeders and strains, I picked BOG, and a few others. Bought his packs 10 at a time, to get the bulk pricing. He was selling outstanding stuff for $2-3.00 a seed, it was a no brainer. Not too many months have gone by without some BOG gear lurking around, and I am very grateful to have it.

We grow strains straight up out of his baggies, try to preserve them one at a time, cross them to others, and we never look back :wink:

Sour Bubble and LSD are both currently, in the mix in the veg area. Once they grow up a bit I will bring them over for a show and tell.

Great job on the thread, as per usual, @Heliosphear :wave:

12 Likes

One hell of an OGer :100:. Wish I could’ve picked his brain a bit before his passing :disappointed: RIP BOG
Legends Never Die :metal:t2:

19 Likes

First pack I ever bought was Bogglegum back in 09? Nights of drooling over pics on ICmag. I wasn’t able to grow until 2021…I was terrified to even try and pop the beans. I ended up sending them off to a buddy who tried to pop them…they were all dead. None popped🤦‍♂️

One day, I hope to get another shot at Bogglegum…

10 Likes

BOG was the kindest most soft spoken man, totally unassuming, when I met him his appearance totally caught me off guard. Rest in peace Jim, thanks for everything. :pensive: OverGrow The World With Love :heart:

10 Likes

There are still some video clips of him on the gram. Just listening to him talk mellows me out.

7 Likes

Rip BOG you will certainly not be forgotten !!!

Even though I never got to know him personally. But his book was definitely one of my favorites in this field! And thanks to this great forum, I was able to make my first cross with BOG BMR pollen! I think it’s a great thing!

thanks @Heliosphear for a chance on BoGs gear!

Overgrow the world with love!!!

10 Likes

BOG was a bit before my time as a grower, but I can see the love and respect everyone here has for him.

@Heliosphear won’t let us forget about him, neither will anyone else who knew of him. :green_heart:

6 Likes

Wahoooooo! @j0ebob Congratulations!!! You have won a 1-20 seed pack of SBT! From @Cyr_grow and they are fresh as it gets!
IMG_2755

Next drawing in 52 minutes. 4:20 PM CST 2 Winners will be chosen.

I go a little misty on that one. :woozy_face: Thank you everyone who has joined up to remember a person who was just like every awesome OG. OverGrow the world with LOVE!.

22 Likes