Med card appointment okc?

I’m a little disgusted at how hard it is to get a med card renewed jn Oklahoma at this late date. My previous Dr went out of business and didn’t follow up with me as promised…local Dr’s are still not touching it and the minimall storefront Dr’s don’t seem to see the need to return calls. I can’t access the online Dr’s and am curious just how to get a good enough digital photo as my photo was turned down last time. We are required to get a new photo each renewal apparently
My card runs out in a week and no one seems to do walkins on the weekend even in the okc area
Am about ready to.let.it lapse.
…very sad this is the state of our state
Anyone have suggestions that are different from taking off work and driving several.miles to hopefully get a walk in at a storefront in sw okc?

2 Likes

And yes…I have tried weedmaps and the rest…Google searches that lead to 100s of dispensaries and no real Dr’s. My town of 100k had no Dr’s willing and the ones I was referred too were either shut down or they didn’t answer phone or return a call!!
We have dispensaries on every corner but the state can’t make it easier for us to send them their 100 bucks? No.drs.want the easy 150 to do the cursory exam really???
Wow.

1 Like

Couple months ago I walked right in and saw a Dr. For like two minutes and walked out with my proof of application. This is OKC. I will try to find the drs name and get back to you.

2 Likes

did mine over the phone, took like 20 seconds.

1 Like

https://evolvedhealthandwellness.com/about/
Been my goto 3x

1 Like

As soon as you get approved from OMMA you can use old card till new card arrives
https://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/news/omma-declares-patient-renewal-grace-period/article_849bd370-6c5d-5528-b751-0daea80f1c16.html

1 Like

I have seen many people use this.

2 Likes

you can use Presto Doctor they are pretty simple to use and you can do all of it online in just a few minutes

The place I got mine was Wilson Wellness clinic on the West side. Yukon area. 405-265-2733

3 Likes

Thanks I think I found someone on the south side…I’m gonna have to take off work early and get it done.

1 Like

Since you’re in a hurry this might not help you this time but in the future you I would recommend finding a patient drive at a local dispensary. They happen a few times a month in the okc metro usually on weekends and you can get your recommendation for $25-50 instead of a couple hundred at a strip mall doctor.

2 Likes

I just let it slip.up…on me. This year has been a bit brutal

Jiffy doctor telemedicine came through in a jif for me last year.

1 Like

For those of you using telemed…how in the heck did you get a quality digital portrait that OMMA would accept? I only have my phone as my computers are out of date and I gave them up years ago. My first go round was delayed due to my photo quality. I would up going to Walgreens and getting passport photos to s3nd… then when renewal came I was happy to let my Dr. Do all that…bit it seems they are no longer answering phone calls or setting appntments

If you have a smart phone it will take a perfectly usable picture if you have a white background. I’ve taken quite a few pics for OMMA on my iPhone and never had a problem.

Used a white sheet hung up over the shower curtain for the back drop. Wife took photo using Iphone no problem.

I went to 15th street Edmond… The medcards place.on walker in swokc was a joke. 15th street was very amazing.
Dominique did a great job was courteous and efficent.