Never considered a card until now

Ok im starting to approach a breaking point… I consider myself someone with the ability to endure quite a lot - but I’ve about had it with insomnia/headaches.

I moved to montana from alaska ~2 months ago and changed up my life in many ways - quit smoking marijuana - quit a couple of psych. medications i was taking for sleep issues - quit tobacco - quit caffeine.

I have not slept more than a couple of hours of very light sleep per night since moving here. for the first ~10 days i did not sleep at all and it got to the point where i was full hallucinating - audio/visual - ended up in the ER via panic attack (thought i was having some sort of seizure) - was losing control of myself - slurring my words, tremoring heavily - was taking a warm shower when my legs went out and i ended up on the floor for about 10 minutes of heart pounding out of my chest before resorting to calling the ambulance - EMTs thought i was taking drugs (wasn’t).

anyway - i am at the point where i feel like i can’t do a damned thing functionally… i have a 10 month old son who i need to be able to take care of (mother in law flew in to help while i “figure things out”) and i wake up every morning with insane light sensitivy and headaches nearly 100% of the time - some days are better than others but it isn’t enjoyable.

i’m wondering how hard it is to get a medical marijuana card? the only thing that has ever consistently helped me sleep has been smoking weed (and ive tried many, many pharms). i sleep like a baby if i use cannabis before bed - almost every time no fail. will be 35 next month.

i figured it would be an adjustment period after moving here to get my slee back but it doesn’t seem to be coming… i slept fairly well for a couple of days after the long 10 day no sleep period but i think it was out of pure exhaustion.

anyway- sorry for the rant- ive always lived where it was legal so it’s something ive never considered. does this sound like something that might warrant a card? thank you for any feedback on the issue

3 Likes

More than most, this sounds like a real need for your card.

Sadly, the effects you are experiencing are most likely withdrawal from Pharma’s evil grip.

I would get a card, get a hold of my sleep and continue to follow your Dr’s advice on weening off of the bad stuff.

Hang in there bro, we are here.

5 Likes

I agree!

I have trouble eating and sleeping without medication and it does get very problematic… days with no sleep, what I call “subconscious anorexia” where I can’t eat or never feel hungry and forcing myself makes me sick and I drop 20 lbs…

its a pain, but my state has difficult restrictions on who can and can’t have a card ie terminal illnesses and chronic disorders.

but @spillz907, I would suggest looking back into getting a card, if resources are available, so your problems can ease up a little… no sleep causes all kinds of bad things and no one needs that. get yourself right, cuz without our health, we really have nothing.

good vibes bro.

2 Likes

the symptoms sound like classic withdrawal from Benzos or Paxil, I’m sorry! From what I’ve read it should gradually wear off over a couple years. You probably didn’t taper-off slowly enough.

I would get the medical license for peace of mind if nothing else. if you get arrested they could send the CPS people after custody of your son.

3 Likes

thanks man - unfortunately (probably fortunately tbh) the doctor i was seeing cut me off cold turkey 6mg of clonazepam daily (for the last 7 years) … i still dont understand why… but the guy had told me once that my system would ween itself off over time due to it being a long acting benzodiazapine (if i ever ran out) - i did some research after getting here and i realize that the man shouldn’t be a doctor.

i thought iwas having intense withdrawal when i called the ambulance… cant tell though because being up for that long was really starting to fuck with me in a bad way… mixture of things i guess

damn… yeah the parenting thing is no joke- i’m really considering just driving over to washington for a day to grab something but i keep reading about idaho border patrol being ruthless… marriage isn’t doing well right now either. i really need to man up but its hard with this shit.

2 Likes

been reading up on it and i don’t know that i fall into a specific category like “PTSD” or “Glaucoma” or “Migraine” (though a doctor might be able to spin it right i would think) … i’ll do some more research on how strict that stuff is

i miss legal

2 Likes

How’s your BP I’d get that checked as well!

1 Like

I know what you mean where it’s hard to function, when I went through the hormonal/benzo freak-out I was completely knocked out for months, I couldn’t get more than 2 hours of sleep at night at first, after a few days you just become a zombie, I could barely take care of myself & the dogs

I got the sound & light sensitivity and also panic/anxiety attacks I called “the terrors”. It went away slowly over 6 months, for the first 2-3 months I could not take any weed either, that would increase the anxiety too much.

you might want to research doctors a little to find a good one, the local NORML chapter can probably help. I wouldn’t waste time trying to explain it to a doctor until you know you have a compassionate, MJ-friendly one.

2 Likes

That’s F’ed up man, seriously that’s a pretty high dose to just quit cold turkey. Yes it has a longer half life than most benzos, but that doesnt mean you can just quit. He could have killed you.

4 Likes

agree, I would never see that doctor again - tapering off Benzos is critical and something accepted as S.O.P. in the medical literature.

Many doctors don’t want to admit their drugs can hurt you & make you sick so they’ll just deny it and tell you it’s not possible. I’ve heard this many, many times

4 Likes

ooooohhhhh man. spillz it’s the klonopin…and stay the fuck away from it. a girlfriend that left me with a nerv. breakdown was on that stuff “because her mom gave it to her”. [smh]

because after being 30 years too late, the news media has sounded a pathetic alarm about “the opioid crisis” and Doc’s that sold dope like a crack-house had to shape up or get popped in recent years. he’s concerned about himself, not you. :thumbsup: typical.

In CA it’s so hollow you could tell them you have PMS and they’d give it to you for the 40$ fee or whatever. There’s coupons in the weekly paper. Bring a friend, get 10$ off. That kinda shit. That’s largely what tarnished CA’s original MMJ law.

So in other words, it should be VERY easy if it’s like here. Bring as much medical paperwork as possible.

In fact I annoyed the person once because I actually wanted to discuss my conditions a bit. :unamused: wtf.

I typically wait 15 minutes & see them for less than 10 maybe even 5.

One of them asked if I had kids [no] and said “Oh good-- that was my only concern…” :angry:

I realize CA is like a foreign country so it might be a bit more legitimate or at least appear so in MT.

:evergreen_tree: My doctor said MYRAJUANA

1 Like

thank you for the LOL bro… after reading today it sounds like the dispensaries here will streamline the process for you for $150 (bring in an on-call doctor, do the paperwork, etc) and you make them your provider in return… not bad to be honest… though im leaning toward flying to seattle for a day at least for the immediate. i dont think TSA will ransack your luggage for it

i would have thought the klon would have been out of my system by now but it sounds like the “withdrawal” effect can go beyond straight physical and linger as in @Muleskinner case

2 Likes

These meds really mess with your bodies ability to function. Cold Turkey is never the choice. Yes, you need a new Dr. You may even find that by going back on one of these meds will eradicate the symptoms, after which you can be properly weened back off of them. It could easily go that way under a good Dr’s care if you don’t turn around as you are.

Get some good kind bud, and soon bro.

3 Likes

There’s a great website about benzos & coming off them, Klonopin is more addictive that opiates, if you’ve been on it for a long time it can take a couple years to recover 100%

http://www.benzobuddies.org

4 Likes

that’s a long time - i was on it for 7 years… i feel like if i could start sleeping i would be alright- got tickets to head to legal seattle in 3 weeks

1 Like

looks like there’s some options on here - the underground guys are mixed in with the “official” ones, you should be able to get medicine delivered within a couple hours…“Treasure State Nuggets” does NOT sound like a govt-approved entity to me :smile:

2 Likes

whoa thank you man im going to have to take a look…!!

by the way- i was about to start a thread on this… been looking up dispensaries in seattle and my god the strain selection is intimidating… ive been smoking basically nothing but quality gg4 for the few years and then a couple strains that i grew from seeds given to me on here
@99Percent - feel free to chime in too

any recommendations on ‘sedating/euphoric-like’ strains? i know indicas are the obvious answer but i respect opinions on here an there are many indicas to choose from o_o … hybrids are great

1 Like

discouraged now… just got off the phone with a dispensary (tried all the numbers on that site) and they said that that will likely not pass for a card in montana unless the pain from the headaches had been previously documented by a doctor and even that is in the air (even with last month ER visit documented)… like really… i should just go in and claim PTSD from moving here after a life in alaska

not a fan of montana so far… all the more reason to head to seattle via plane and stock up i guess.

thanks for all the feedback… i have a family telling me that i should never smoke weed again because it’s bad so it really helps to have some alternative insight

1 Like

maybe CBD pills would help? they must have CBD products in Montana or you could order them legally.

2 Likes

been really considering trying that … i know i loved the butter i made out of can of hammers strain… i guess i was waiting for a moment like this to pull the trigger on it