Oklahoma's changes to law

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well…Shheeeit!

1 Like

Take some screenshots of what’s important

2 Likes

Dispensaries will be able to package and sell pre-rolled joints in-house. Some dispensaries currently sell pre-rolled joints, but existing law says only licensed processors can craft and package marijuana cigarettes.

Dispensaries also will be able to offer samples of various cannabis strains.

Patients won’t be able to light up in stores, but they will be able to touch and smell some marijuana bud so long as those samples are for display purposes only and not sold to customers.

1 Like

Increased marijuana enforcement is coming
A new law will allow the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority to contract with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs to help enforce the state’s medical marijuana laws.

“We want to protect our legitimate Oklahoma businesses and, at the same time, send a strong message that Oklahoma is not a safe haven for criminal organizations,” said Sen. James Leewright, R-Bristow, who authored the legislation.

3 Likes

Imagine going to jail for rolling a joint and selling it.

I don’t know of any state that allows users to smoke up in stores. To be able to touch display bud, thats a new one.

Most are in jars like so…

This is dangerous, mostly because the enforcement agency is the agency that also for the last decade has been the ones busting people growing. There should be an entirely different agency to look into bylaws and making sure your up to spec.

Where does the line cross at criminal and business, I bet that’s nowhere in the new law. I have a feeling OK will become a wild west of medical. People will try to be at spec but the government will come in and seize anything they dont agree on.

2 Likes

Three years ago is when (State Question) 788 was passed," Williams said. “But I think it’s just so much bigger and grew so much faster than anyone had anticipated that we’ve been playing catch up in terms of the staffing and oversight needed.”

The Oklahoma Tax Commission also will receive additional funding to step up enforcement of medical marijuana tax collections.

The Tax Commission will charge the Medical Marijuana Authority a 1.5% fee on gross medical marijuana tax collections — the state collects a 7% tax on medical cannabis sales — to ensure cannabis businesses are paying their taxes.

1 Like

I bet these taxes come from medical sales alone.

This isnt bad, I know out in Washington state when I lived there, Medical was 20 an 8, whereas when rec started, the rec 8ths were 60.

A new law will allow the Medical Marijuana Authority to promulgate rules for testing final cannabis products so long as testing is not required less often than every 1,000 grams of THC.

Previously, state law did not differentiate some testing requirements between flower, liquids or edibles. The law simply said that every 10-pound production batch or every 10 pounds of final product had to be tested, whether it was 10 pounds of bud, also known as flower, or 10 pounds of cannabis brownies.

1 Like

Although House Majority Floor Leader Jon Echols, R-Oklahoma City, has pushed hard for the Medical Marijuana Authority to become a standalone agency, his legislative efforts were unsuccessful this year.

For now, the Medical Marijuana Authority will remain part of the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

The Oklahoma Senate also shot down an idea to combine the Medical Marijuana Authority with the ABLE Commission, which oversees enforcement of Oklahoma’s alcohol laws.

For those who don’t know the Oklahoma department of health has had some terrible scandals in the past ten years.
It seems to be one of the most corrupt agencies in a state with plenty of corruption

2 Likes

@Syn
We see five dollar grams pretty regularly
Typically I pay seven to fourteen a gram depending on quality or the name
Your latest wookie orgasm or sundae blueberry whatever cookies is higher
I bout some sungrown Golden goat for seven a gram and it was a knock out sleep weed after three tokes my knees were buckling
$40 eighths are pretty common
We are all medical but almost anyone can get a card.

3 Likes

https://oklahoma.gov/omma/rules-regulations.html