Medicated Hard Candy

i have a habit of chewing hard candies

2 Likes

And your dentist loves you!

3 Likes

Someone told me that you shouldn’t chew the hard candies. Just let them dissolve in your mouth. The reason… the lining of your mouth absorbs the medicine faster.

Sublingual medication is as old as medication.

2 Likes

good to know, i’ve never had medicated hard candies. that would be quite a challenge for me!
i’d like to start consuming in a wider variety of ways. not a big fan of smoking.

2 Likes

There are so many different ways to medicate if you don’t like to smoke it. I made tintures yesterday & they were fairly simple. I used the green dragon, vegetable glycerine & the same flavors as the hard candy. I also like medicating with capsules… a little more time to prepare but, easy to use.

1 Like

yes capsules would be my favorite but it seems like all need a concentrate to start, do you use RSO or shatter maybe? i’m not sure exactly how much flower i’ll need to last til next harvest and i don’t want to run out, although i guess my whole goal is to not use any flower… i’ll probably do a concentrate run with all my trim first

did you use their 190 proof cullinary solvent recipe?

2 Likes

I made bubble hash with trim & then used the magic butter machine to process the hash into green dragon. It took two gallon ziplocks of trim & produced about 1/2 oz of hash. I used aprox 10 grams in the green dragon & got about 16oz of oil

2 Likes

so do you think your candies were around the 100mg dosage? i’ve never heard of green dragon i’ll have to look it up

1 Like

I got the recipe on a thread here. I’ll see if I can find it & share it with you. There are many ways to make it. I used to pack a mason jar with trim & pour vodka over it to saturate. Leave in a dark, cool place for as long as you can…
The longer it sits, the stronger it gets. When ready, strain with cheesecloth & then reduce it with air or heat to half (evaporate the alcohol )
It can be used in many different ways.

2 Likes

oh yes that sounds like rick simpson oil, do you need to decarboxylate the cannabis first or is the heat reduction enough?

1 Like

There is a lot of info in this thread. I learned a lot from it!! Sometimes the info is overwhelming & looks so difficult…its not!! Just research & have patience…it can be fun & very rewarding :grin:

4 Likes

Yes!! That is a new word & technique I recently learned…decarbocalation!! A very important step that I will always use.
I decarbed before making the hash so, I didn’t repeat the process with the hash. Not sure if I should have but, I’m very happy with the results of my labor!!

4 Likes

yes it converts the thc a to bioavailable thc so the step only needs to be done once

2 Likes

Good!! I’m so freaking tired… lol!! Stocked up now.
I’ve made cocoa butter, coconut oil, tintures, hard candy, chocolates, baked goods, medicated skin cream & a pain spray!!! All out of the jar of green dragon oil!! Amazing!! It’s been a busy week but, I’m so proud of the fruits of my labor!!

5 Likes

You are an awesome cooking mom too!

Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Thank you 99PerCent :grin:

2 Likes

Feel free to ask questions in that thread. I tend to get long winded at times. :grin: I have more stuff coming this week.

4 Likes

Thank you so much ReikoX!! Your thread is packed with so much vital info & was so useful for me
I have been making butters & oils for years & the results were fine but now, with yours & some others info, I am learning how to get the maximum benefit from my efforts!!
I am so happy to be back on overgrow.com with people who are glad to help & share their knowledge!! :grin:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chat room (let’s chat!) :speech_balloon: