Canna recipes! Please share!

Hey folks,

Been talking and it seems we don’t have a thread specific to making edible cannabis. Be it butter or tincture etc. or your favorite way to ingest them share your recipes and ways to make it so others can have a nice resource to find!

Thanks in advance for sharing!

18 Likes
5 Likes

This is the method Ive seen make people pass out with still holding a plate and fork lol

7 Likes

Weather it’s tincture, canna butter / canna vegetable oil , ect!
As shared with me by @Gardenartus
It is what you put into it !
So weather you use fresh or cured the better the product the better the finish !
I Tend to use good bud mixed with larf and trim but mainly bud !
Here a quick tincture recipe freezer method
( note if you use fresh and are going to boil off the alcohol by 1/2 it will decarb it )

I do decarb the cured bud ( I make butter and tincture at the same batch of weed )

For 30 min at 220 degrees Fahrenheit

Then into the freezer for 24 hours and I always freeze the alcohol .

After freezing
Combine alcohol and bud in a mason jar and shake the hell out of it for 3 minutes
Strain to separate alcohol from bud ( this helps to get read of the chlorophyll with cured bud ) it will show as amber at this stage you could stop here ! But I do it 2xs

Place the weed and alcohol separately into the freezer for a few hours then repeat the process ( there will be a bit of chlorophyll at this stage )

Strain the mixture and your done

Get rid of the weed it’s spent

leave alcohol in mason jar and place in the freezer for a a few days then run through a coffee filter
To remove sediment at the bottom

From here you can use a double boiler pot place glass jar in the pot with water only 1/2 way up the jar on an electric stone only ** NEVER USE A GAS STOVE **
The fumes can explode and go :boom: boom

Boil off 1/2 the alcohol for a stronger tincture or purge all alcohol off and get oil

You must watch the boiling off process it takes a few hours to purge so you can’t just leave it alone while on the stove please
:pray:

Peace

14 Likes

I love this explanation lol !!! Cheers !!!

4 Likes

I stumbled on this site years ago when I was looking for “sous vide” recipes. At the time it wasn’t exclusively “sous vide weed” recipes, but it looks like an immersion circulator features in at least some of the recent stuff. I haven’t really browsed deeply, because edibles aren’t a viable delivery method for me, but this may be of interest:

4 Likes

Lmfao u a house about 10 yrs ago blew up exactly from this was crazy

2 Likes

How do we not have this yet???
Hope it takes off.

I’ll bbs with some of my additions.
:smiley:

3 Likes

I would love to find a shelf stable gummi recipe! All the recipes I’ve tried either have to be kept in the freezer or they’ll get all melty in a few days at room temp lol. And once they’re frozen, they end up dry and weird :grimacing:

Also, my recommendation for Infusions- a magnetic hotplate:

It works fabulous for oil Infusions especially. My recommendation is to use something along the lines of rso, hash, rosin, distillate. Avoid solvent heavy extractions like bho.

This is a super cheap version so you’ve gotta monitor temps a lil bit, but it’s fairly stable. You can skip decarbing and throw your cannabis, oil, and lecethin in together. It stirs as well as heats. It works better for things like coconut oil or olive oil that have low viscosity. Haven’t tried it with butter, but I prefer cooking with coconut oil anyway :joy:
Personally I’d like to find a better one than I’ve got, but they get expensive quick. It works well for small batch things tho.

3 Likes

Howdy pal,

You might enjoy this one.

Rolling them in sugar apparently makes them easier to work with at room temperature, but I don’t like the added sweetness.

3 Likes

Very cool, I’ll definitely give that a try, thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: What do you recommend for a mold inhibitor? I know ascorbic acid or potassium sorbate are pretty common, is there anything you prefer?

1 Like

It’s my pleasure! I originally found the recipe in a quiet discord server and luckily jotted it down.

I use potassium sorbate, it’s fairly cheap. I believe a bottle was $10.

4 Likes

instead of the oven to decarb - I use a crock pot at 180-200 (high) for 45 min to 1hr then reduce heat to (low) and then crock for another 4 hrs.(length of time can vary depending it one wants more CBD -(longer crock time) don’t like the idea of cooking pot to decar it -

1 Like