Mel franks GDP run

Those are my manifold plants lol. For cuttings, I always cut the leaves in half. The cutting I’m talking about are in the jar to the right, almost in the shadows.

2 Likes

Ahh that’s what I’m looking at. I was gonna say man didn’t I take some small cuts.

2 Likes

This is what a cutting looks like when I’m done prepping them. This one is actually a little big, one less node would be fine. Also, I should probably have take those two bigger leaves off completely.

15 Likes

That’s what I’m going to do next shot as these ones I did look like twigs next to those.

5 Likes

Honestly I’m use to taking them smaller, off little bonsai moms. These were from pruning a 3ft bush.
This is what I’m use to working with in comparison. So anything in between is fine.

16 Likes

All I could think of now is trying to follow the Ot1 method and make myself a Bonsai mom, wouldn’t be the first time I’ve thought about it as the idea seems ingenious.

5 Likes

Back in the day, I followed that method and kept one going for over a year. Did several root pruning on her. Now I would just replace her honestly, but the pruning style is the key. You can keep several moms (and dads) as bonsais in a relatively small space. I had three in a Rubbermaid tote (20-27gal size), with the light inside and the lid on :laughing:. I had the back cut and fitted with PC fans and ducting to block light.

7 Likes

31 Likes

Well the lanky one is stretching more, and starting to thicken up, the thick one seems to be happy where she’s is and Ian focusing more on Bud site production, the leaves on both are identical, and same with the smell coming off of them. All seems to be going well for them. The other female and male have been put into a better area so I can collect pollen, those two look similar but different, they have some serious wind burn as a fan was pointing at them full blast for a couple days.

8 Likes

These ones are looking ok to. I too dressed the gdp with roots organic foundation, grow, bloom, and cal mag. I have been using water for a few days now and also used some agrothrive flower and veg liquid with watering last night. The clones are starting to have less humidity in the dome. I’ll give them a few more days and look to see if I see roots.

20 Likes

Clones are looking still great man :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I bought some “clones” yesterday and not sure what to think as far as size of cutting goes now lol.

15 Likes

I will have to rethink my cuttings also based on those trees you have posted up. Lol. At least it’s won’t take long to get up Ann’s running thosebb

7 Likes

Your plants look really good and happy.

What’s the smell like?

1 Like

Whats the purpose of cutting the leaves. Seen it a bunch but never asked

2 Likes

Reduces the surface area that the cutting will lose moisture from.

6 Likes

Okay thanks…

2 Likes

@Shaggy450r From my understanding it’s from the way growth hormones are developed. Like topping. It cause the plant to want to root instead of shoot. Then once the roots have established it begins to shoot or grow because the root system can support it. It has to do with how glibberic acid is distributed to make auxins And cytokinins

11 Likes

Like a pungent sweet candy. Almost lemony or piney but it has that tartness to it. I’m looking forward to how things develop. To be honest it’s started to make me look into selfing these plants lol.
And I go organic. Or at least the labels say it lol. And the solstrip setups @Baudelaire puts together have knocked it out the park since I’ve started using them. Highly recommend to anyone looking at a light setup. Beyond that the bucket company buckets have really made a difference imo. The medical plastic planters are worth the price difference in a side by side grow experience.
The soil balance pro within the first week has already showed that it is going to make a difference. The roots organic 707 I feel has a true compost compound to it and I care less about ph and environment than some may. I do have a pulse grow monitor but just for curious sakes more than to actually critique my grow. Proper air flow and the right light and soil make the difference.
But then again this round I bought some eBay grodan cuttings and filled three buckets. Those plants looked haggard in veg and killer in flower lol. I’ve learned also not to use promix again as I’m not really impressed with the overall plant health on the oldtime I have in it. But again in flower things are looking different. Constant tweeking. But usually one things at a time. Look see and if it looks good keep it up.
I learned that 9lb bags of amendments are cheap like 20 bucks. So I go crazy with top dressings and constant inoculations. Watering is only important if ipm is needed or in veg. Once flower happens I drown them cause if I get lazy and don’t water things won’t die lol. I do have a manifold setup but need to figure out a rez. Was thinking 5 gal with lid and air pump to brew then making a fitting and shut off for the manifolds perhaps use gravity to feed them. Of install a pump to pressurize. They spray inconsistent and sometimes go all over. Which I’m not a fan of. But they are square manifolds and I’ve been told the new bubbler manifolds are different. I’ve also looked into a blumat which seems like the proper way to do this lol. I can only imagine if I had more time what could be done.
Also a little ritual I smoke and blow it at them saying the mantra this is what you need to grow up to do. Be good medicine. Lol. Rituals right.

7 Likes

Gee, I always did it to prevent it from wilting, since there’s no root mass to gather the extra moisture.

6 Likes