MG Canna’s Sour d bx4 tester grows

Thanks to @Trickster and @MG_Canna for the Sour d bx4! I just got them today. I’ll be growing these out in my next grow asap. I’ll post a detailed grow logs of these with other Diesel strains as well. These Sour diesel was the one crosses with Aj’s correct? I really appreciate it guys.

6 Likes

Yup. AJ sour bx’d to Tres Dawg.

7 Likes

Awesome man thanks for the information.

1 Like

@scottytoohoty good hunting and thanks for taking some time.

@Trickster Thanks for passing those along. Hit me up in the Spring and I’ll send you something special. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

All 8 made it. They popped very fast they sprouted 2-3 days ago. Looking forward to seeing what I find. Thanks again :pray:

8 Likes

You’re welcome. Im looking forward to the grow. The seedlings look great. Keep an eye on that runt!

2 Likes

Thank You @MG_Canna :call_me_hand:t2: :fire: Beans are wet will be transplanted asap
I appreciate it @Conitl :100:

8 Likes

Happy to see that all worked out. Happy hunting and happy Thanksgiving!

6 Likes

Just want to confirm after learning who Wing Wang was, I tracked him down today on IG and he has confirmed to me that he got his cut from AJ 23 years ago, but there has been some genetic drift over time. They grow and taste slightly different, but same cuts and also used in Top Dawg’s bx3. Expect to see some badass expressions in the f2’s. One thing I can say is the original cross is much easier to grow than the original.

^^^^
So after writing this, I had to ask Wing Wang for growing tips. One simple tip was all he had for me. Make sure you continue giving her high doses of nitrogen for the first three weeks of flower. It’s kind of like growing Haze. It wants to stretch and put on weight. Without enough nitrogen, the buds don’t fill in properly and the plant starts cannibalizing toward the end.

8 Likes

Quick update on my testers; so I had six started and then I had a dripper malfunction while I was out of town for the holidays :cry:. So after that I was down to three that I moved into the flowering tent on 12/30. Well I got lucky and the three that survived are female!

The three on the right are Sour D bx4

14 Likes

Those are nice bushes! Great job and that luck with the females ! Looking forward to seeing the final products. I just germ’s 3 SD bx4’s. More for pollen than flowers. Next round is gonna be tight. In this case, the more males the better.

5 Likes

8 Sour D bx4 almost 3 wks old
On 12/12 till they sex then into Veg they go :call_me_hand:t2:

8 Likes

Is it Spring Yet? :wink: Just checking in to how the tester’s grow…

1 Like

5 Sour D bx4 still in veg they’re all the ones about a foot tall in the tent on the left
2 are in my flower room now looking identical :fire: :crossed_fingers:t2:

11 Likes

Not that many people grew them.

2 Likes

Here’s a quick update on the 3 I have in flower. These plants have endured some tough conditions at one point my grow room got down to about 45 for a couple days during the coldest part of the winter which doesn’t normally happen. I think that may have contributed to the purple. They handled it like a champ and are looking almost done to me. They’ll be coming down in the next couple days since I have to bring my grow room down to prepare for a move.

My nose isn’t the best but I’ve definitely been getting some good whiffs of that sour diesel smell I remember from almost 20 years ago.

Here’s some pics from two weeks ago(2/15):

And some shots from today(2/29):

14 Likes

Really starting to explode :exploding_head: week 1-2 of flwr

12 Likes

That’s a crazy looking plant with most leaves having 3 blades!

5 Likes

@MG_Canna - Here’s Day 35 update on progress.

• March 1st - moved 11 sprouts to solo cups
  • March 12th - 9 plants dropped into 3gal pots
    [culled 1 runt, 1 failed2thrive]
    • 9 leaves on latest fans
    • been feeding Jacks321 every other day
      ignore the Auto in bottom left.

LOOK at this branching !!!
every node has a 45 angled branch !!!

[grid]

[/grid]

10 Likes

For a Sour Diesel bx, they grow bushy. The Chem d is just as dominant in the cross. Something I love about this cross. Great job!

4 Likes