Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

It’s like watching Wallace and Gromit only with Walls and Gromets

:wink:

If only they grew that fast for real…

2 Likes

Started a new thread for the second half of the year, lets move discussion over to the new thread and hopefully leave this as the last post apart from maybe a final weight picture.

heres the new thread

https://overgrow.com/t/micro-growing-with-mr-sparkle-2018-part-2of2/11632

3 Likes

have you considered keeping the root zone in a separate, lower section? the additional volume at even the same height has your pots might be worth it(?)… and another thing :older_man: what about (alternatively) using shorter, wider pots like mini kiddie pools, or even a shallow bed?

i’m pretty sure you’re aware of how closely Bonsai maintenance parallels to your Besta setup, and that’s a great example of a small container, mature plant scenario.

eh?

:wink:

edit this is idea contains 0% LITFA

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Hey there @Mr.Sparkle ,certainly enjoying the read of your adventures
A quick question about the CS spaying, when did you stop spraying the plant, after noticing the pollen sacks starting, or do you continue for a while afterwards ???
I have only tried this once before and the plant died on me, probably stressed it to much, or the solution was too strong.
Cheers Johnny

2 Likes

I’m impressed by your ingenuity and the efforts involved in your results. Very nice.
Best vibes for your micro that yield big lol

4 Likes

Why thank you brother @Fuel. Your kind words are appreciated. Respect. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

as long you get enough meds for your needs go for it some times large is not better?

1 Like

Nice, mmmmmmm. Mechelle

Mr.Sparkle,

If you have the time would you mind explaining your carbon filter set up on you micro grows?

Food4MyBrain

1 Like

This might help you @Food4MyBrain

5 Likes

I have just had a look for the cheapest lighting LED lighting I can get from Ebay and they say they have 2835 chips in it. They are 50W and run on 220V and I am fine with lower efficiency, it’s only for veg. The image shows them covered in water so I guess they can be used outside also.

Did a search and “2835” is not mentioned a lot on the forum.

I will check the thread and see how the plants liked it.

2 Likes

I never got around to populating those boards… as I realized several design flaws with my PCB after I had them made. Most notably, I did not get Aluminum backed PCB. Heat would have killed the efficiency, I did not design them with easy multi point connections in mind, (Ie like the solstrips push fit connectors) and I’m fairly certain my Vias were too small for optimum Tj at the diodes.

I’m still interested in them, they are toted as the budget 561’s and they aren’t too terribly spec’d for price per diode.

4 Likes

That is pretty much all the info I needed. The whole thing, with a metal shade, costs £2.92 for 50W. That is about half a pint of beer in a pub. If it is not used for veg, I will use it as a floodlight.

At that price, I could use it as a doorstop.

2 Likes

I was just about to ask you :grin:

Thanks for the thermos. They’re slick as shit. Right up my alley and accurate as hell…82° ambient temp

8 Likes

I just did a search on OG for Kannabia as they have a CBD strain I was interested in. I’ll pass, thanks for documenting your experience, that was helpful.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

This is an incredible post, so much knowledge.

1 Like

Please tell me after all your hard work growing such wonderful buds and then ruin them doing a heated fast dry in 2-3 days. Hope not, your plants are beautiful…
Slow dry, hang em for 10-12days…

1 Like

Yup still drying in that heat 1450 days later * sarcasm * :wink:

6 Likes