It's Reversal (STS) Time!

Ok, I’ve got the STS made up and now for the fun to start. Starting today, I’ll be reversing several strains I’ve been running off of clones for over 20+ years.
Sour Diesel --------------------------bought in '98-'99
Skunk#1 ------------------------------bought same time
White Rhino -------------------------bought same time
Frankenstein ----------------------- what I bred using these 3 strains as well as others
I’ve never reversed any of them for seeds, although I have pollinated some of their clones over the years with other strains. This will be the ‘S1 run’, and I will be pollinating the same strains with the pollen from their strain only. This way I will have seeds from the old school strains of the '90s to share with folks here on OG. Gotta keep em going, grow on, OG!

edit…these seeds were bought from either Sensi Seeds or Dutch Passion…and maybe Nirvana. It’s been so many years I can’t remember exactly which seed bank I bought which strain from lol But I do know those were the only seed banks I dealt with, since their reps were untarnished/sterling

78 Likes

That’s gonna be fun, and a great preservation effort. I’ll be watching. :popcorn:

10 Likes

Thnx, I’m just glad I have plenty of room lol the barn with the majority of the grow, also outdoors beside the barn, and a couple spare bedrooms I’ve temporarily commandeered for the next 4-6 months, and you KNOW the wife is just ecstatic about that :rofl: :rofl: :sunglasses:

16 Likes

It’s for Science!! :nerd_face: :+1:

I’m tagging along on your adventure :grin:

Cheers
G

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see how they turn out. I’ve had mixed results with STS and CS. :grinning:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard the ‘reversal train’ lol

5 Likes

This will be a good show :grin:

4 Likes

I’ll try to remember to take a pic occasionally :wink:
Just kidding, I’ll do a documentation, of course, Maybe not as replete with tons of pics like some but still documented lol

8 Likes

Loving this one @JohnnyPotseed, important work to save the historic strains unadulterated.

7 Likes

I’ve never used either, but I’m damn sure gonna 'give-‘er-hell’ tryin

edit…When I did a reversal, I always used the old school method of Rodelization, but never on these 4 strains

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be following along for this one!! :grin:

Wishing you the best with this, hope it helps secure those genetics in seed form for you.

Anything more than that is definitely icing on the cake!! :grinning:

Really looking forward to those seeds though, can’t deny the feeling, the need for tha seed!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

You’ve got this :wink:

2 Likes

Really amazing that you kept them alive all that time.

5 Likes

Well, a lot of thnx goes to Oldtimer1. Thnx to his ‘Bonsai Mums’ tute, I was able to have enough room to keep several mothers of each going in a fairly limited space (4 rooms) Some of the mothers were 5-7 yrs old before I’d replace them with fresh mothers. SO, there aren’t that many actual clone generations of these…probably like 5-6th gen at the most of clone from a clone etc

edit… and they’re still just as vibrant and sassy as they were over 20yrs ago, every last one!
Also still just as potent :crazy_face: :sunglasses: :+1:

19 Likes

Also folks, I can’t neglect to mention a BIG Thanks to @Oldtimerunderground!! This wouldn’t be happening at all if he didn’t ‘push’ me into it! Even to the point of supplying the ingredients! So, good people of OG… Lets hear it for the ‘reversal muse’…the inspirer, the one that trusted me enough to send the materials after only a few conversations! :grinning: :pray: :raised_hands: :100:

18 Likes

Sorry bro, I had to rat ya out as being the one behind this! It wasn’t my idea, but rather yours! So you deserve the recognition on this one!
I’m just hoping it works lol I’ve followed the instructions to the ‘T’ using my jeweler’s scale to measure the ingredients, after calibrating it 5 times to insure accuracy, and using distilled water.

8 Likes

Lol, come on, I didn’t push you that hard

tenor

7 Likes

Well maybe not as hard as THAT there lol but you know ya did it! I was hesitant at first :rofl: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I use 240ppm of CS spray works a treat I find lower doses are a hit or miss,the plant is not going to like it but she will throw pollen but I found some strains don’t throw pollen no matter what you spray them with,I mite give
The sts a try

5 Likes

I’ve never done any method other than Rodelization. So good luck! I got my fingers crossed here on this attempt lol

2 Likes