Middleman mutants - ABC crosses and other stuff

Yep, it is a pain, but sometimes it’s the only option.

And yes, they have big leaves.

2 Likes

I moved the C91 s1 and CJ x C91. Also did some supercropping. As vigorous as these are, I have no doubt they’ll stand back up. But it will spread them out a little to take advantage of the space.

Now the bad news:

Intersex on both of them. Could be from any or all of several factors: they were right up on the light and enduring a lot of heat. They were also directly in the fan up there. But most significantly, I have to leave that tent open during the day because of the humidity when using octos, and I forgot to close it at night a few times. Could be from interrupted darkness.

Anyway, I pulled off all the male flowers I saw, and will continue to be vigilant. I’m sure I’ll miss a few and end up with a few seeds. No big deal.

@GCBudz @DefNSmokn have you guys had any intersex issues with these?

11 Likes

Damn. Sorry to see that. Exactly why I decided on testers vs handing them out freely. I don’t want to be that guy who ruins others crops.

With that said, I think your onto something with the light and heat, the 91 seems to be stressed pretty easily. I believe 3 fingers fans are an indication of a ph range she doesn’t like also.

I have some Double Krush s1 I had a buddy run from a Lucky Dog breeder pack I held. I also had to open tent for heat issues, few mornings I was late zipping it back up. They did exactly what your experiencing. The 91 might just be one strain you have to be careful with.

I believe it was @HolyAngel who posted seeing/reading of several who had intersex issues with CSI 91 s1’s also. I know @DefNSmokn is flowering the 91 as well, so far without issue. He will have to keep an eye on it. As will everybody who’s testing these.

Don’t feel you need to risk your garden with those plants, cull them if you think best. You have more beans… if you have more time. You won’t hurt my feelers.:wink:

6 Likes

Dennnng thats purrdddyyy!

This thread is poppin!

Excellent work @middleman

4 Likes

I have not seen any intersex issues on my plants, I will do a hard look over tonight when I get in there to make sure, but so far so good I think.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I’ve seen 20 or so full blown males out of 10 or so packs of those CSI Chem91 S1’s. Not hermie girls. There wasn’t a hair on those plants. Balls everywhere just like any other male. SkunkVA(LuckyDogSeedCo) literally used one of those full blown males from the very same CSI Chem91 S1’s to start his Chem91 BX line. Makes ya wonder if there wasn’t pollen contamination or if there’s seriously something off with her genetics in there to cause that :thinking:

I hope she’s not too unstable. I’m 9 days into flowering her and the Chem #4 out and so far so good :pray:

4 Likes

Oh they’re isolated in their own room in a separate building now. I won’t be risking anything. Just a few seeds in themselves at worst. (That other plant in front is finishing seeds, but I’m gonna move it in with the SSDD stuff.)

3 Likes

These are the top buds from the two (ECSD x Cherry Kush) x Top Dawg Sour Diesel

I have a bunch of these seeds, but so far they are greater than 50% herm (closer to 100%). So if anyone has enemies they want to send herms to, let me know. :laughing:

Edit: @SkunkHunt101 I think I may have sent you some of these with what I sent you. If so, be warned of the intersex.

19 Likes

herm means free S1 :sweat_smile: :+1:

3 Likes

I really made a mess of these C91 girls!

They didn’t stand up like I expected. A lot of budsites though.

Been checking for male flowers every day. Didn’t find any today.

18 Likes

Looking good @middleman. I admittedly scrolled thru most this stopping to read every few posts but I got the idea behind it. Super cool! One day I’d like to make a strain of my own because the possibilities are endless! Until then imma sit back and watch the masters at play

7 Likes

I decided to pop my ABC. 6 poped but only 3 made it above ground

16 Likes

Chem 91 s1 on the left and Cap Junky x Chem 91 on the right. Another day with no male flowers @GCBudz . I think (hope) they might be done with those. :crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

Excellent. Is that typical?

Does a plant that produced balls from a lighting issue revert back once said light issue is resolved?

I appreciate you taking part in testing these, I’m sure your next run would go flawlessly… if you decide to run again. Your always welcome to anything I produce…

So, iv never seen the cap junky x chem 91 cross done by anyone else. Guess that means I get to name it? :wink:

6 Likes

Oh, I have no idea. I’m just hopeful because I had been removing them, but haven’t seen any for a few days now. I’ll keep looking and keep you posted.

4 Likes

The ECSD x Cherry Kush that was hit with Chocolate Diesel pollen:

I pulled a few seeds from a lower bud to see if they were ready:

Almost…

20 Likes

Awesome Colors…making me salivate

2 Likes

@middleman I need some Mutants in my life to grow, Maybe smoking some will turn me into a Green Monster :ghost: :dragon:

2 Likes

@Estacionsj send me a dm with a good address

2 Likes

What is ure Best Mutant so far,
have u tried to do an auto Mutant

2 Likes