Mj seed bomb stories

Oh! Good article find. Thanks!

2 Likes

We should get a group buy together in the NE Growers thread and get a pound to split of this mix from FEDCO:

This looks good too:

Or maybe this company’s grass and wildflower mix, that’s a nice blend of ready-made eastern shortgrass meadow:

There’s a ton of seed sources now cos this stuff is awesome and a boon to seed farmers too, who buys a pound of plant seed anymore or gets grass seed from anyone but the big couple companies, I don’t buy Scotts but even Jonathan Green is big ag to an extent and I dig supporting these biodiversity nerds:

That said, JG Black Beauty Dense Shade is the only grass mix that’s taken in my back yard, it’s largely perennial ryegrass with fescues and Kentucky Bluegrass. A trick I learned to fill bare low spots that were too wet was to cut sod back from the walkways and driveway to edge it up nice then toss all the bits and mats into the bare spots, arrange them like a loose parquet floor and add a thin layer of compost soil mix and sand, then seed it with the new better types and put one more thin layer of soil/sand on top. Grass fucking loves sand in moderation and the old sod bits act as both elevation and a wicking bed to keep it all aerated but moist. It changed my yard game!

5 Likes

wish i could like this a hundred times

2 Likes

while this all sounds like romantic fun with cannabis seed.
Do you guys ever ponder what seed bombing could potentially do to a fellow gardener’s crop?

I sure hope there’s is no one around here with these kind of ideas. I grow most of my seed out in the greenhouse and rogue plants anywhere near my property would not be a welcome thing.
Now that said, I too have taken part in these discussions with thoughts on a few choice public areas I would love to see sprout untold numbers of cannabis plants.
But please think of your fellow gardeners when plotting such nefarious fun with your seeds hehehe

6 Likes

I hear ya, it’s certainly fun to dream about and I don’t want to do anything that will destroy someone’s hard work. These days I walk around my neighborhood mostly thinking about seed bombing with local wildflowers and other native flora - I even came thiiiiiiis close :open_hands: to ordering native wildflower seeds a year or two ago

1 Like

I hear what you all are saying. That was younger me. Besides there are not many people at all growing outdoors near the "smonx zoo/botanical gardens.
i think peole in upstate NY should be more worried about the 10’ males growing at USDA germplasm repository

4 Likes

Hahah if anyone needs to be seedbombed with some 18-20 week landrace it’s the USDA germplasm repository

1 Like

Oh wow, off topic but that “weeping” plant is so trippy! Would be awesome for outdoor, wouldn’t need such a high fence, could grow it in a raised bed and over the side - or just imagine it cascading down from a balcony :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That plant looks like it fell over to me. A prostrate plants would have all its leaves and branches orientated the correct way. But jesus chrrist it looks a 15+ footer in that back left corner.

1 Like