MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 1)

LOL… I don’t know if I have it or not, my biggest problem is not having any feeling in my fingers. I can still play fairly well but do screw up on intricate brief riffs. have to practice them a few times but then it’s just muscle memory I guess. One more reason I want off the duloxetine train is to get back to clear mind.

what kind of music do you play? These days I just improvise to some 1-4-5 Blues progressions or some old southern rock like Alman Brothers, Lynard Skynard, Alabama and such.

1 Like

This is me, right here. But I’m not very good at it. I’m getting better all the time tho. I usually pick one up and play about an hour or so. Almost every day.

1 Like

I play a mean air-guitar! Does that count?! :scream: :rofl:

5 Likes

Ok. You’re in the club.

3 Likes

lol Thnx! But honestly, I enjoyed watching & listening to you guys picking together at the last gathering…

2 Likes

Yeah Buddy!! It’s a great way to unplug and relax.

One of my Grandsons just started learning and bought himself a new guitar with great action. We FACETIME and I am able to show him some shortcuts and he is really into it now.

He is planning a visit down here in June and we are planning to play for several days of his vacation. He lives in SC so we don’t see each other often. He is coming down to go to the beach but planning on staying here for a couple days.

I miss having people to jam with but hey, it is what it is…

1 Like

We should do it soon again before it gets to hot……

3 Likes

Primarily, I play Gospel and a kinda jazzy style of Bluegrass. But we throw in some blues and old country (think Hank Sr, Jimmy Martin…).
My lead guitar picker is an old blues and jazz picker from E St Louis. He played all over the area for over 30 years. That’s where the “jazzy” feel comes from. At first I tried to get him to play a more traditional bluegrass style but I got to liking the sound and ran with it. I guess after 15 years we have created a unique sound. Some of my traditional friends aren’t too keen on it, and I get that, but it sure is fun hearing how he blends the two or three styles with my more traditional picking.

5 Likes

Now to me these days that is what it is all about. Play what and how you feel.

One of the most fun times I have ever had was at the Myrtle Beach, SC Speedway. In the infield one Saturday night Doc and Merle Watson treated a bunch of us young whiper snapers to some REAL Bluegrass music! Set me on fire for a couple years to learn to finger pick. I ended up mediocre at it but love that style foot tapping music to this day.

2 Likes

@Gumbert

Have you seen this:

https://www.amazon.com/Doc-Merle-Documentary-Watson/dp/B00AO7HQ92

1 Like

Friends can’t believe that I am such a great shot. I tell them that you only have to pull the trigger at the right second. The rest of the time doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Thanks, Just ordered one, i like its wireless

1 Like

We have all 3, lol the jeweler’s loop from our jewelry biz, another similar to the MIC-615 that @MoBilly posted pic of, and Pancellent, similar to the SkyBasic @BigMike55 posted the pic of. It’s usb and also wifi to an Ipad. I still just grab pics with my phone! :scream: :rofl:
But we do use the others to get good look for when to harvest.

3 Likes

No I have not seen that documentary, is it good?

We spent hours with them that night at the racetrack, I think it was in 1975. What a great time, them boys really put on the dog!

Nope I haven’t seen it either. But there are a bunch of videos of them on YouTube if you want to check them out:

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=Doc+and+Merle+Watson

1 Like

JP, when should I start feeding these Frankie seedlings, after true leaves are present?

1 Like

How old are they? I’d start with 1/4-1/2 strength at around 2-3 weeks old.

1 Like

Say no more !
Perfectly said

2 Likes

Luckily, I don’t shake all the time.

2 Likes

They have their first set of true leaves now. They broke the surface of the soil about one week ago.

2 Likes