MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 1)

The next time we get together we have to set a little time aside for a jam session. That would be epic. Last time we only played a short bit to be able to say we did.

2 Likes

Been playing for 48 years now, and has always been a consistent in my life, as well as getting stoned. Her are a few pictures.

The tele is being restored by me at the moment and is in pieces, hopefully I will be finished in a few months.

6 Likes

Hell I like that Telecaster just like it is. A fresh fret job, a little cleanup and she’s a banger.

2 Likes

That was the first real guitar :guitar: (1960’s era) I ever own. My first guitar new purchased was a vantage copy of a Les Paul in the later 70s. I think :thinking: it cost me $600.00, but it had a lot of bells :bell: and whistles.

I am out of likes but.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Y’all need to join the “unplugged” club though!
ACOUSTICS RULE!!!
:metal:t5:

4 Likes

Nice looking group of fine guitars!

I am down to just 2… 1968 J-45 Gibson acoustic (favorite) and Les Paul knock off that I reworked. Great way to spend time…

Who knew there were so many golden age guitar pickers? Moma dropped me in 1952 right after Daddy got back from the war.

1 Like

lol That’s the best, with an acoustic ya don’t need to find an electric outlet! Play em anywhere!!

1 Like

I have a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, A Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 semi-hollow, a Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Pelham blue.
Oh and a ES-339 in solid black that plays pretty sweet.

Oh yeah, and my beautiful Ibanez Acoustic. Mobilly has played that one.
I’m only a ten year veteran. I can play along chords and I like to learn lead licks from famous songs.

2 Likes

I played with myself once but I wasn’t good at it……

3 Likes

I used to think I was a good guitar picker… and then I met one.

3 Likes

I am probably the youngster, was born 5/5/1963.

2 Likes

Oh but there ain’t nothing like making it loud to get yer ya-ya’s out!

3 Likes

You must practice!!!

3 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

I play about 3 to 4 hours a day now.

1 Like

I play every day for awhile… with my plants!

2 Likes

I play a little every day. It keeps the arthritis and Dupuytren at bay. It also helps keep me sane… ish. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hear ya! I should play everyday but these days it more like once a week, but you are right about the arthritis. By the way the surgery for Dupuytrens works. I had it to fix three fingers on my left hand 2 years ago and I am back in the saddle now.

3 Likes

I was fixing’ to say!!!

2 Likes

I’m not into someone cutting on my hands @Gumbert . It isn’t near that point yet and I will sleep with my hands pressed out flat between two pieces of plywood before I let it get that bad.

@BigMike55 ,
Who’s to say what “sane” is anyway… Not me… or me… or me.

4 Likes