MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 1)

Good morning @MoBilly and green room gang!

How you been fairing lately with all the water that’s been coming down?

4 Likes

So much is not getting done because of it. I can’t even take the truck out in the field. I have no doubt it would end in a long day if I tried. Problem is, I’m betting as soon as it starts to dry up, it’ll be scorching hot. lol

3 Likes

Congrats @InTheWoods !!!

3 Likes

Yeah have already had a few of my veggie spots die from just sitting in mud. Gotta replant a few spots to containers.

Maybe I was talking with one of the old farmers out here he’s was saying this is part of some 17 year cycle of El Niño. He’s said he’s hoping for it to not be cool summer but he’s hoping for what her called an Indian summer. But not sure what that really means.

3 Likes

@MoBilly @leetdood Thanks brothas! The first little guy (Archer) is already almost 3, Time flys! Its fun being an uncle. He loves to pick the fresh strawberries from our patch when they come into season. Our patch should be ready in a couple weeks, So long as the deer dont come back haha.

4 Likes

An Indian summer is a period of unseasonably warm, dry weather that sometimes occurs in autumn in temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. It makes for an extended growing season.

4 Likes

Archer is a great name haha just don’t let him watch the show until he’s like 21. Or he’ll try and do the same things

3 Likes

We always referred to Indian Summer as when it’s still warm between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Did someone say El Nino?

3 Likes

I think the way archer was described, is he’s supposed to be genius savant James bond, but doesn’t try to do his job in the mere slightest. So he just gets away with his incompetence because of his Donald Bradman level of talent.

2 Likes

For those who don’t know

Donald Bradman was a cricket player

And here’s the crazy part, wait for it

He always hit the ball. Always

3 Likes

You talking archer the tv show?

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised that anyone over there knows his name. Here he’s a bit of a national hero, even to those that don’t like cricket such as myself. He was given a knighthood, so technically Sir Don :wink:

1 Like

@MoBilly @crownpoodle a warm deer season may be kinda nice. When is like 19 degrees out it’s hard to go sit out there and try and out meat in the freezer.

2 Likes

That’s why I make sure and carry an extra 30 lbs at all times. It keeps me warm in the winter… That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. lol

6 Likes

Yessir!

@Mad_Barry I’m autistic, so I retain info that I find interesting and fun

Our super performer was/is Wayne Gretzky, so when I read about Sir Don, it was like

There’s a greater Great One? Holy shit

5 Likes

I lived in Montana when I was 18 one fall and winter. Sometimes my uncle Hayden went hunting. He enjoyed that. Other times he’d make a phone call. That was what he called shopping.

3 Likes

Who’s that ?
Dylan Mulvaney is Budweiser’s “man” in the news. Dermot Mulroney is an actor. lol

3 Likes

I know. That’s why I was able to yank your chain a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I think calling someone a shemale seems disrespectful. I’ve got trans people in my extended family and friend circle. I think there’s no call to demean someone for being trans.

5 Likes