MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 2)

Morning everyone. Finally the weekend has come back. I like it.

6 Likes

Good morning BigMike and OG :coffee::coffee::coffee:
Oops Good morning Mo

3 Likes

Good morning @Terpsnpurps @BigMike55 and @Golfnutt !
And good morning to any who might happen by today. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good morning brother Mo, & all OG!

5 Likes

Copperhead season is upon us fyi. Forgot to close up the chickens last night, rooster is old so I have to put him up. Went out the back door and Roosie was sitting there waiting for me. I grab him and look down and a copperhead was by my foot. I tried to kick my foot back and almost fell with my rooster. My foot dropped next to him, he coiled back and I got my foot outta there! Had a alternator by the door let him have it, good aim but he unfortunately got lucky.
Last time I recall an er trip for a snake bite was around 10K…
Plus I doubt it feels too good.
Had one hit my hand one time but never got bit.

8 Likes

Glad you didn’t get hit @beebud
!

2 Likes

They got holes in the ground around the coop hunting over the grain. I’m wondering if there is an old trick to get them outta there aside if staying up late…
Any ideas for them holes @MoBilly ?

2 Likes

Gasoline/kerosene + match = fried snake

3 Likes

I know dry ice suffocates gophers. Maybe?

1 Like

Sounds like dinner for some people around here😂

1 Like

You’re right, I know, it’s just hard to do right there with decent soil and plants not 20ft away…
I got a minnow trap I heard they work, but they hunting mice right there so doubting they go in the funnel trap.

Doesnt take a lot, just enough to get to the bottom of the hole. Sure better than a $10,000 bill and the pain of getting bit by one.

6 Likes

I agree with brother OJ here, some gas, diesel, or kerosene… and a match, is about the best way I ever heard of or used.

3 Likes

I agree with the guys. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’ll give it a go then. :wink:

2 Likes

I saw a lot less snakes once i got a few barn cats. They kept the mice population down so there was less food for the snakes around the stables and house. We have a feral cat rescue program that adopts wild/feral cats after they’re spayed or neutered. I’ve had a bunch of great mouse hunters come from them.

10 Likes

Good point. Eliminate the food source and they will relocate themselves.
:wink:

4 Likes

My cat is a rescue cat. My first one was too. He was with me 23 (yes, 23). Years.
My little girl now is about 6 years. Both were the best pets ever. Never see a mouse around. Or spiders.

6 Likes

Lmao… sorry i know it isnt funny… but i can just picture it and id be the same way!! The unsteady footing… the bad aim… all of it… :rofl:

2 Likes

This little gal of ours is also a ‘rescue cat’ and we love her! She does one helluva job at keepin the mice down too! lol She’s just over 5yrs old now

3 Likes