Moderators of Overgrow

Been a member of many fourms - and THEY all have some issues. since joining OG (myself) have found this to be a very good site

2 Likes

I can show a number of posts still up where folks criticise the mods and the site. Every place has rules and guidelines to follow, there must be some structure. While some may not agree with every rule it is what it is. Nobody is forced to come to OG, itā€™s a choice. If one cannot live with the rules than the best thing is to just not log in to that site.

This site provides a chat thread and Discord channel for chatting. Mods want to keep threads on topic. Arguing against that goal is just counter productive. My best advice is to land your plane. This type of thread never ends well.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve been on many forums. Iā€™m only here now.
Best forum and mods Iā€™ve seen anywhere.
I appreciate all the work they do in the background.

4 Likes

20 years later, still the same old dumbshit lol

Thank you mods, for your time spent dealing with this crap.

Reading up, weā€™re now onto zombie horse races? Iā€™m in!

5 Likes

Out of the respect to OP, this thread just got cleared from off-topic :smiley: .

10 Likes

https://mintlab.co/case-studies/zombieracingclub/

1 Like

Quite the opposite. Stalking an individual to provoke a reaction over a grudge is beyond being a ā€˜nailā€™ (a term apparently inserted to add some drama). At a minimum, thatā€™s rude ā€¦ and creepy. At worse, it harassment and bullying. Despite making a point in moderation that creating a public stink, again, is not advisable (as you claim someone was being rude ā€¦ from nearly a year ago), you went ahead anyways.

Your complaint was addressed. It was addressed then and, apparently, being addressed again. Despite having a variety of things of importance to do and to follow-up on, here we are rehashing in multiple threads, PMs, here.

Yes, there have been a couple of memorable folk that held a belief that the moderators are accountable to their agendas. Add in some non-stop angling and attacks and eventually itā€™ll get shut down. Takes a bit of time away from other things, causes grief. Repeating petty demands and keep receiving the same response. Productive.

If you have a problem with how this site is run, reach out to to the moderation team and/or TeamOG. Or, if you have a suggestion, consider making a suggestion in the site suggestion thread.

If you have an issue with an individual, bring it to attention to the moderation team or TeamOG. Flag offending posts.

FWIW, in the end, there are no guarantees that decisions will align with individual visions. There are bigger picture items to account for along with the associated complexity. Not getting what one desires does not provide a license to create discord.

That not to say individual shouldnā€™t engage, provide feedback, and suggestions. This is encouraged. However, there is a productive manner and a non-productive manner towards accomplishing such things.

Thatā€™s true, it was throttled. It could occur again in the future.

The admin, leaders, and moderators provide guidance and direction. Weā€™d prefer to rely on the community to self-moderate while taking into account such guidance. Ultimately, doesnā€™t always happen. Moderators step-in, some people feel sad, some people feel happy, some people are agnostic. The tale of the century.

Iā€™ll be closing this thread 24 hours post OP.

p.s. I enjoyed the horse banter.

19 Likes

I like cheese

2 Likes

a) leetdood was called on it after harassing someone.
b) leetdood deflects and plays victim.
c) leetdood thought going ā€œpublicā€ when weā€™ve all seen his harassment was going to build an alliance.
d) leetdood is the type to enjoy this and tell his friends he caused a stir
e) leetdood caught L after L after L.
f) leetdood doesnā€™t appear to manage emotions in a mature fashion.

Iā€™ll stop there but I could easily get through the entire alphabet.

Itā€™s not okay to bully/harass people in person and it isnā€™t okay online either. You feel ā€œtough and safeā€ behind your keyboard.

From my perspective you seem insecure. Focus on improving yourself, brother. I know you can do it :muscle:

13 Likes