Molasses Before Harvest?

I will have to check out the Oregonism.

I ran Uprising Bloom on my most recent grow. That stuff is POTENT.

Well that makes me feel like I didnt really miss out too bad then.

I just placed an order for a little air stone setup and I plan on trying to implement some teas here in the future.

I use it all through out. Veg and flower. It’s very similar to products like sugar daddy Plants eat it and use the carbohydrates and sugars making them drink and eat more. Also helps feed any bacteria that you may have .
Be careful a little goes a long ways few ml per 5 gallons is what I use during the summer.

4 Likes

TNC The nutrient company over here in UK does good microbe stuff

I use molasses to feed my beneficial herd, from early veg right up to (about) the last 3 watering’s to finish. I started using it right after the 3 little birds posted up tier molasses tutorial here on OverGrow around 2002-3 or so. But I do NOT use their amounts posted, I greatly reduce it, once I gathered up the info about using/feeding beneficial organisms, from Gil K first.

2 Likes

I found this to be very interesting. I tend to use it in teas as well.

3LB - Molasses Manual.pdf (39.3 KB)

edit: That’s Three Little Birds, not 3 pounds. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Excellent link!!

This is something @Badger would like too.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Fire ants and cabbage moths too? Thanks gpaw!! Good call. Sounds like more benefits than most know.

Edit: @corey would probably be interested as well

Wow what a writeup. Is there a index of 3LB’s other resources somewhere?

1 Like

3LB have not read that in almost forever :slight_smile:

peace and be safe

Dequilo

7 Likes

Use it as a food source for microbes when making aacts or ferments but I wouldn’t put it directly in soil.

3 Likes

I also use them in early flower, please make sure they are NON sulfured molasses or they will kill the microbes you’re supposed to feed … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That was me… save the molasses for baking.

6 Likes

I’ve been using molasses for years. I add about 1 tablespoon to every other gallon from a week or two before flip until a week or two before harvest. Been doing it so long I don’t know what my yield would be like without it.

4 Likes

Thanks, easier to read here … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

[quote=“George1961, post:35, topic:34065”]
Thanks, easier to read here.

Thanks for posting that. It is a lot nicer than my txt->pdf conversion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I forgot all about them. Wow talk about a blast from the past.

4 Likes

I gave molasses to my Critical Mass auto-flower 3 days b4 she went into 48hrs of darkness and ice cold water every 6-8hrs. I’ll let you know the overall quality in a cpl months.

Ice cold water? I haven’t heard that one. What is that supposed to do? Induce shock and more trichs to protect the buds?

3 Likes

Tells her [like Game of Thrones.]…Winter is coming !!!
Max the buds…

5 Likes