Monterey BT?

Have a couple CBD plants outside and a Thc dom. As well. Got some caterpillars again this year and was wondering if Monterey BT is actually safe to use during flower? These outdoor plants will be used for edibles only most likely but might smoke some… depends on how it turns out.

1 Like

Yes. It’s just fine in flower

Good to hear confirmation, I’ve read it’s fine up to harvest but hopefully won’t have to.

I’ve been using it, I’m about a month into flower.

1 Like

You have to really keep up the bt sprays as it only works once pillars are already there. They hatch in cycles

Your plants will smell like baby vomit. Every bud will take on an identical yellowish. The smoke won’t have the natural, intended effect.

But you can do that. Seems everyone does spray their plants with organic pesticides instead of growing them healthy. It’s all the rage to pretend your vomit milk terps and orange/yellow tint are natural, from the bud.

1 Like

So the solution is just “growing them healthy?”

1 Like

Try putting thin netting over them so moths don’t have a chance to lay there eggs where the worms come from. I use BT subspecies kurstaki which is different than the bt israel one. It’s for budworms.

I always do a three-bath wash of every outdoor grown harvest. You’ll likely be surprised at the amount of gack that comes out in the wash. I believe BT is water soluble, so you’ll remove any residue as well.

Here’s a helpful video:

Cheers,
-Grouchy

3 Likes