Mostly SSDD's, and a little Useful, in a lot of Coco

@HorseBadorites Wow, Pops! Looking great in here! Great to have that SSDD rooting for you… I was rootin’ for ya to succeed! Lol. It is nice to see how you are able to fix/repair everything you may need 2… quite a resourceful horse! That’s a nice looking press! Not familiar with the brand… but looks like it did you well! Thanks for sharing!
Starting 3rd week of spraying the SSDD to try and reverse her :wink::seedling::horse:

☆sonny

8 Likes

Hay hay Sonny!

Yer rootin’ tootin’ right… back to my roots… well, their roots, but I made 'em do it :slight_smile:

Everything I have is kludged together in way or another… but I may need another of those tents soon!

This is the press. I’ve only used it a few times, seems pretty solid, but if anyone can break it, it would be me. It seemed like a nice way to dip my hoof into into dabbing… I’ll let you know!

Are you journalling the STS process? You know I’m rooting for your success on that… and then I’m going to copy it :slight_smile:

ATB

HB

8 Likes

The SSDD clones haven’t shown much movement after 10 days in coco, but they are not dead!
SSDD F1 (9)
It does look like they are finally settling in… good thing I’m not in a hurry.

The NL’s are 31 and 37 days from seed.
NL
They spent 2x light cycles in the dark, and they’ve been topped back to the 4th node. The one on the right is a week later, she caught up… and she’s a triploid :slight_smile:
NL Triploid

NL Triploid (1)
I hope she’s a she!

The Herer Hashplants are totally different from each other.
JHHP

They are all 37 DFS. Had a dark time, and have been topped, too. The one on the right is tight.
JHHP (1)

8 days for this SSDD F1 under the QB/315’s at 10/14.

I left the clone box cover off for a night. It’s on 16/8, and right next to her open space. I wish I could say I was stress testing, lol! If it’s anything like past grows, it’s only the first of many times! We ride 'em hard in the crawl, lol!

I’ve slowly taking side branches that won’t make it to the top of the canopy. When I’ve done it right, I do get a lot more worthy buds at the top. Trying to pace myself, cause I’ve done it wrong before, too :frowning:

Gotta little lopsidedness going on. I’m hoping when she’s trussed up I can use some fancy new plant training clips to even things out… or just bend them til they get the hint, or crack…
.SSDD F1 (8)

I’m still trying to get a report up on the Alunas… guess I should stop sampling them, lol!

Hope a great weekend was had by all, thanks for stoopin’ in :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, pulled the tarp off the outdoor mulch pile… scared the hockey out me!
Copperhead in mulch

25 Likes

Holy crap what happened to the copperhead?

3 Likes

We helped him reposition a bit further away, and let him be:)

I used to kill them right off, snakes scare the shit out of me. But they’re just trying to get by, and they help keep the mice and rats down. And they are fascinating to look at.

Built a house outside of Charlotteville, and had copperheads in the lumber piles every morning… fat ones :open_mouth: Didn’t need any coffee to get going, lol!

10 Likes

Yea copperheads are alright. I’d do the same. I’ve seen a couple big king snakes around the yard so I don’t worry about copperheads here too much.

6 Likes

Never seen a king snake in person (I usually like about 2" of bulletproof glass between me and flickering tongue) but they are wild looking :woozy_face:

6 Likes

Things have been puttering along, and slowly in the SSDD F1 clones’ case. It’s been 3 weeks since I put 4x in 1qt yogurt cups with coco/perlite. They weren’t growing, or drinking, so I put them in a qt container w/ some holes in the sides. I was thinking maybe the yogurt cups weren’t allowing enough 02 into the coco, making it harder for the roots to spread… or even grow!

Never had this problem. I flushed them about 10 days ago, and started feeding with a low ec, and bumping it up a little each day. They seemed to perk up a bit after the flush, but plateaued soon after.

Yesterday I saw some roots at the bottom of the pot.
SSDD F! Clone Roots

But she still hasn’t shown any new growth?
SSDD F1 Clone

Looks just like it did 3x weeks ago! I need to get better at figuring how long to cut the stem!

Still have 2x left with no roots showing. Luckily I only need one for cuts, but I’d be much more comfortable with more!

So much for bragging about getting my clone mojo back, lol!

The seedlings are growing up. I gave them 2 light cycles of dark to speed up the pre-flowers. 2nd time I’ve tried this, and I think it does. I’ve had some go 80 days… that can be a pain! They’ve also been topped at least once, I’m trying to get better at the early training.

50 days from coming up, and we’ve got 1 male so far. BCSC NL#5. Sorry for the crappy pic, but you can see his danglies.
NL Male

He’s on the left, well, actually he’s in the compost. The one on the right is still a triploid, and week behind at 44 DFS.
NL's 50 & 44 DFS

The Herer Hashplants are all 50 DFS, and are being coy about coming out.
HHP 's 50 DFS

The middle one started veeeeery sloooooowly, and is sticking with that tack. I’ve been thinking it’s a male, but usually my males are the quickest out of the gate, just a brobservation :slight_smile:

I had to contain the SSDD gal in bloom, she was getting a bit on the wild side. 21 days from flip, probably stopped stretching, but I wrangled her down anyway. She was bit lopsided, just trying to get everyone their fair and equal light!
SSDD F1 21 DFF (5)

She’s just starting to frost up. I think she may be a good one :slight_smile:
SSDD F1 21 DFF (4)

Thanks for stoopin’ in, the trough is full of frosty party beverages, and the stuff in the manger ain’t hay!

Hope’s it’s a great Labor Day weekend for ya… remember what it’s about!

19 Likes

So, I mentioned putting the NL#5 and HererHP’s into 2 cycles of dark to get them to put out some early pre-flowers… what a doofus. I was supposed to give them 2 light cycles of 12/12, d’oh! Gettin old is always an adventure!

Anyway, they have started to show, so maybe it’s new thing, not! 1x NL gal.

2x NL guys, one being this triploid.

I really like his structure, but I don’t usually keep males. Just not set up for them, but I can’t seem to bring myself to toss him. A reprieve from the gallows, at least for now!

1x HHP male so far, these 2x undecided. In the past it’s seemed the longer they take to show, the more apt to be ladylike, so there’s high hopes… of course there was that dark thing, ha!

One of the SSDD F1 clones finally showed some life and got upcanned into a 1 gallon rootmaker.

Another one is showing some steady vital signs, too, so 2 out of 8 is fantastic for me… sad, isn’t it, lol!

SSDD F1 bloomer is at 2 days. She’s looking pretty sparkly up top :yum:

SSDD F1 (11)

IMG_5259

SSDD F1 (12)

SSDD F1 (13)

SSDD F1 (14)

Down below is a different story. The fans are getting a brownish/yellow, loosing turgor, dropping off at a touch.
SSDD F1 Funky Lowers

I usually incrementally pull all those lower leaves off anyway, but I don’t remember pulling them because of this, whatever it is.

Maybe she’s hungry? I’ve been keeping her ec around 1.3. I hate burning the tips up top because then I have to trim them, and these SSDD’s get frost all the way out… whadda waste, ya know!

Since the veggers are beginning to show, seemed like a good time to dip into the stash and drop a few more beans. I’m not a collector, but I have a bunch. I found some I was given 5 or 6 years ago from some buds at the old Jorge Cervantes site. Grass Daddy and Blackdog. I was told Grass Daddy had passed on, so this is sort of a memorial grow. And Blackdog, if you’re still out there, I’m thinking of you, too.

So it’s Blueberry Diesel from Blackdog, and Lemon Kush from Grass Daddy coming up! (Struggling SSDD clones in the back)

Might need to start a new journal for them, but as you’ve probably noticed, it’s hard enough for me to keep up with one :slight_smile:

Thanks for peekin’ in!

22 Likes

Things are still poking along in the crawl, the slowest grows on OG!
Lemon Kush & Blueberry Diesels

Those 4x solos were victims of an alien abduction best as I can figure. I put 3x Blueberry Diesels and 1x Lemon Kush sprouts in them, and two days later they were poking their heads out, next morning they vanished without a trace. No taps left, no sign of digging, nada!

I’ve had mice occasionally, even found one drowned in an extra deep underliner once, but haven’t caught any culprits… gotta be aliens, right?

Anyway, the remaining BBD’s are looking nice and tight. The smaller is a replacement started a week later than the larger
BBD

BBD (1)

The Lemon Kush is unusual.
Lemon Kush (1)

Started off even weirder. Most mutants I’ve grown have stayed mutants. I almost tossed it. She’s the same age as the bigger BBD, 22 days from seed. I just want to try some kush!

In clone town, I actually got 3x to root. Momentous!
SSDD F1 Clones (3)

I’m gonna take some cuts off of these soon, and see if these were just flukes.

I do early vegging under 4K T-5’s. I usually get 16 2’ers at a time, and was running low. I ordered some more, which FedEx said they delivered, but I never saw. Bulbs.com sent replacements right away, then 2 weeks later a neighbor called to say they were on his porch. I told Bulbs, and said I’d be glad to send them back… they said it wasn’t worth the trouble, keep 'em. They’ll probably last me til I croak!

The BCSC NL #5 F4 from @PlantShepherd is growing up. She’s the only gal out of 3x starts. I had to chop the triploid male, just couldn’t make space for him later.

NL (2)

She has some unusual new growth patterns, at least to me, but she fits right in with the rest of the stuff going on down here.
NL Close

She’s been regularly pinched so she fits under the bloom lights later, maybe that’s it?

The sole lady Herer Hashplant is right behind the NL. They started the same time. I’m trying to hold her back a little so I have the place to veg her like she deserves. I love airpots, at least she can’t get rootbound.
Herer Hashplant

Herer Hashplant (1)

She’s been getting pinched on, too, as well as taking off her suckers. Been leaving the fans though. I think they help promoting a nice root ball, but I could be making that up!

The only bloomer, this SSDD F1 is 46 days in. Her buds are bulking up. You can’t see it from this pic, but the nugs are so heavy on one side they are bending the wire hoop… and she still has at least 3 weeks left.
SSDD F1 46 DFF

I’m a bit disappointed in myself with this one. I stupidly watched as her lower leaves got strange, and then the strangeness progressed upwards. By the time it got to the wire, it dawned on me that maybe I should flush her… I mean, that’s one of the beauties of coco, innit?

When we went on vacation, I mixed up a bunch of nutes for my buddy . Still can’t figure what he did, but I hate throwing anything away, so I didn’t. I used that when this gal started blooming in earnest… stupid and lazy don’t never help nothing!

Flush stopped it, but there’s a lot of little lower sugar leaves that are gray/brown and dying. It pisses me off because I hate trimming that shit. I use that trim for edibles, and who to eat that? I also use it for tinctures, but that crap just takes up space in the jar, without giving any benefit… so she’s gonna be a bitch to trim.
SSDD F1 46 DFF (1)

SSDD F1 46 DFF (2)

SSDD F1 46 DFF (3)

Speaking of tincs, I bottled up a bunch made with everclear and SSDD kief.
Tinc (4)

And outside, we had a visit from a Monarch… a rare sight for us!

Thanks for looking in, hope it wasn’t too boring!

28 Likes

hi buddy im glad your not having to start over with the ssdd ,looking at your cloning area and seeing 2 lights could you perhaps be overlighting them?i find too much slows them down also to wet when temps are low,imo less light,forget using water cloner and just use moist straight coco a small like 6inch pot and a dozen or so small stocky clone and ensure there away from any fans etc,pure coco is the best medium for roots ever ime,fancy forgetting the magic eraser the flush is the golden ticket for coco growers!
bugger finding snakes like that,id still be running away! :running_man:
ssdd flowerer looks nice and chunky,wire benders rule!

3 Likes

Thanks for dropping in @duke! I’m glad I don’t have to try and match this girl again. I thought all the other SSDD’s were great… then she came along!

I agree about the low light for clones. That cab is for both seedlings and clones. I like to drop the light right on seedlings, but I either only use one tube as high up as it will go when it’s just cuts in there, or I shield the cuts from the seedling light.

There’s a heat mat in there, too. Not sure what’s changed because cloning used to be the least of my worries… in vermiculite, perlite/mud, coco, perlite/coco, cups of water, always got roots. The water cloner is what finally started working again, at least for these cuts… and I keep that somewhere other than that cab, and have 16W SIL over it… with no fan! Go figgur, lol!

No shit, what a doofus! I’m not sure if I ever flushed a bloomer in coco, but I think it was you who told me to do it with very light nutes, and that is the ticket… works a treat!

I almost stepped on a copperhead once, and jumped back so fast and far, I knocked both Ms H and the kid over getting me out of the way! They are fascinating to look at, but still scare the tar out of me.

Ha, but yours are muscling their way up!

8 Likes

Hey Horse! I think maybe the NL5 don’t like to have restricted root space? Might be the funny stuff you’re seeing? I also have had issues where once they start going into flower, they want to stay in flower. They don’t seem to stretch a whole lot in flower. I would also keep the bottoms trimmed up. They can through some larf down there. But the top buds can be really dense and have some great smell and frost imo. I really can’t what till they start flowering! Positive vibes. :v:

7 Likes

I wish I could get her in a bigger pot, but 2 gallons is all I can carry around anymore! It is an airpot, for what that’s worth?

She’s still under 16/8. I flower under 10/14, it’ll be a real emergency if I have to revert to veg after flipping! I usually veg to 2’, and most finish 3-3 1/2’ with some bending involved.

Good to know she won’t mind me shaving her legs. It’s kind of the way it goes here!

She has some neat double serrations, kinda looks like a combo rip/crosscut handsaw I’ve got, lol!

Thanks again for the opportunity :slight_smile:
hb

9 Likes

What a difference a week made!

Lemon Kush on the left, 2x Blueberry Diesels right.
Lemon Kush & Bleberry Diesels

1 week later, of course, these are the opposite.
BBD s & LK

The LD is a triploid now… she’s definitely trippin’ me out. I may never toss a mutant again.
Lemon Kush (2)

Short fat Fanny.
Lemon Kush (3)

The BBD;s aren’t much larger now.
Blueberry Diesels (2)

Blueberry Diesels (1)

Upcanned the Herer Hashplant into a 2 gallon airpot w/ coco and mycos.
HHP (1)

HHP (2)
She’ll probably be pissed I showed a picture of her all droopylike.

Dunno if the mycos do anything with salts and coco. It’s kind of a habit from muddy times, and I am a creature of habit!

Moved the NL #5 to her final space. She’s still on 16/8, and has about 6" of growing upwards to hit 2’. She’s under a 315 now, and I’ll turn the 240QB on gradually when she’s ready.

I’m obviously optimistic about her stretch!

The big SSDD is adding some weight. 53 DFF, so about 2 weeks left. I’m still kicking myself about the trim job I’ve made for myself.

It’s mighty sticky. Pulls the cat hairs right off my jacket. Very, very, very sour with a bit of fruityness, or something sort of sweet… IDK, I suck at describing weed, among other things, ha!

Time to pop something new, and I just saw @G-paS sent out some fall boxes. Got a pack of Paki Chitral Kush from @bunny coming… I know it’s after Labor Day, but I’m getting the pool ready :slight_smile:

24 Likes

are those blueberry diesels different from the blueberry diesel testers i’ve been giving out? i don’t have you on the tester list so i assume they’re from a different source?

6 Likes

@anonymous4289 They are from a different source. I was given the seeds in maybe 2015 or 16? I’ve been following your thread to see if they are similar. Looks like it to me, but what do you think?

I’ve been waiting for them to show sex before they go into the thread title, not set up for dealing with males at the moment.

8 Likes

not sure about yours, but mine are blueberry pie x chem fuego

blueberry pie = cherry west bx x blueberry, and chem fuego is [(sour diesel x headband) x chemdog]

4 Likes

Sounds like those will be fuego :fire:, ha!

No idea about mine, dead guys tell no tales!

7 Likes

Highdeeho OG’ers!

The smaller Blueberry Diesel showed balls at 36 days from seed. As far as I can recall, which admittedly isn’t that far, the fastest I’ve ever had a photo show. The 2x cycles of 12/12 sure tricked him!

The other 2x aren’t that easy. Lemon Kush left, BBD the other left. Both 42 DFS.
Lemon Kush Blueberry Diesel

Lemon Kush

She went from triploid to quadruploid, and it looks like she may be going to duploid? She has not been topped.

BBD

She was topped. I can’t even tell what’s going on in that tangle!

Herer Hashplant is a bit unruly.

I’ve been trying to train her into a ball, but she’s not having it… she’s a square peg!

She really wants to spread out, but this 3x3 chamber isn’t big enough, I’ve gotta get her out of there while she still fits through the door! She’s about 18" above the pot right now, I’d like to get her up around 2’ before I flip her… not sure if that’s happening.

The NL #5, on the other hand, is exceptionally ruley!

I’m really happy with her structure. Been trimming her lower suckers, which she seems to like. She’s was flipped 8 days ago.
NL #5 (6)

NL #5 (7)

The SSDD F1 is at 63 days, and has til the end of the week. Sticky, acrid, sour, with a bunch of toasty leaves. I’m tired of looking at her, but just need a little more amber showing.

Nice firm buds on her, though :yum:

SSDD 63 DFF (6)

And lastly, let’s hope we have a new generation of her with roots soon. At least they’ll be clean!

And, almost forgot, 5x of bunny’s Pakistani Chitral Kush from the Fall box are going for swim in a few minutes… I am excited about them!

Thanks for poppin’ in :slight_smile:

20 Likes