Under the Floorboards V 3.0

Hay OG’ers, thanks for letting me in the door!

I’m a geezer, 74, with a perpetual going in our crawlspace. It’s not actually a crawlspace, there’s about 6’ from the dirt floor to the bottom of the first floor joists. So no real crawling, just bending, unless I run into a turd pipe or HVAC duct. Then it’s mostly a lot of moaning.

The space is semi-conditioned, about 1100sq’, crammed with tools (construction and garden, I was a contractor), mechanicals, and probably a few blacksnakes… keeps the rodents down. Pretty much what makes a 'dirty" grow space… great for testing!

It also suits me. Since I’ve retired, I’ve become way less tidy :slight_smile:

I’ll get into particulars later, if anyone’s interested, but I know y’all are in it for the pics, so to kick off the new year, here’s a few of my keeper Sunshine Daydream that was chopped today.

She’s the gooiest one yet, the hairs on my arms were sticking together from brushing against her. Went from a sweet berry floral smell, to a super sour, acrid one in the last two weeks.

I’ll be trying to get some female seeds from clones soon, and I’m going to need some help there. I haven’t been successful before.

Happy New Year to all y’all, and hope this year is better than the last one!

69 Likes

Nice setup @HorseBadorites! Best of luck with your grow!

4 Likes

Thanks SAK… I’ll take any luck, any day!

3 Likes

Looks great @HorseBadorites. 74 years young and still growing I love it.

Plenty of folks on here that can help you with your reversal. Hope to see more pics posted here :v:

4 Likes

Thanks BB, I don’t know about the young part, but I am still growing… dropped my first bean in 1970! Finally had to move indoors in 2010 :frowning:

I was hoping to lure in some folks who could help with the femming.

There will be more pics, I can’t help myself :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Beautiful looking plant 🪴 :heart_eyes: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks, man… I mostly just left her alone, LOL!

2 Likes

What type of nutrition you feeding?

3 Likes

Megacrop V.2 one part. RO water. Coco/perlite medium.

I have to add some Soluble Ca in early veg, more in transition to flower. I like CA, I use gypsum when I start seeds, and dust the rootball at every upcan. Mykos at the same time, too.

I only use their P/K in veg for the roots, when I’ve tried it in bloom, it’s not pretty. I’m sure it’s me, but it’s still not pretty.

I have to add a little KSO4 in bloom, or I get crispy margins.

I try not to go over 1.45ec for bloomers, 1.35 for veggers. 0.75 for hazy types.

pH 5.6-6.2. Lower for the veggers, higher for the bloomers. IDK why the difference works, but the gals just look better. I’m not too fussy about a certain pH, kinda let it slide around.

All drain to waste.

I like the MC, I think they use pretty clean inputs, higher quality salts, and they’ve got that geezer with a butt hanging out of his mouth on the bag!

Thanks for looking in!

13 Likes

Fantastic man. I’m using MegaCrop 5-12-26 (partA) & Part B this grow ,) can’t wait to start feeding my Seedlings.

3 Likes

I will be watching this.
There are alot of people that know lots about femming here, in time they will come and help you out!

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see how like that one, ok two part. It took me a bit to get used to the V.2, I liked the V.1!
I’m sure you have away to do your seedlings, but in case you haven’t done them with MC…I’ve found MC really easy by just giving them 1/4 (0.3)ec 5.6 pH when I first put them into cups. I make a gallon at a time, and when that’s done 1/3rd, 1/2, 2/3rds etc… And like I said, always add a bit of Ca, lo!

Are you in mud or coco, or something stranger?

4 Likes

Using HP Promix Mycorrhizae, added some Rock Dust to it. That’s it so far.

3 Likes

That was serious rabbit hole for me, with no bottom, lol! Coco made things fun again!

4 Likes

Haha I’ve never tried coco, once I started with HP Promix Mycorrhizae I never looked back, I treat it like soil and it does me good lol

1 Like

A perimeter net… that’s cool!

Sounds like I better park over in the corner and take notes :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Hay @Gpaw, thanks for crawling in… gotta have somewhere to hide from the grandkids!

Think of it more as a fishnet stocking!

Try not to hit your head on the duct manifold, your notes will make more sense, lol!

5 Likes

Hay Horse… been awhile, good to see ya active here. 2scoops must have left the barn door open again?

GC

2 Likes

Ha, small world @GCBudz! Nice to see another familiar face. I went back to check on the barn, might even get 2scoops to stop by… he never was good at closing the door, lol!

ATB!

4 Likes

So only one bloomer left, at the moment. Another SSDD sister. She’s 33 days from flip.

I did a little better job on pruning her, so trying to go fishnet stockingless :slight_smile:

I bumped up the Ca this time while she was going from young lady to sultry babe. She seems a lot frostier, a lot earlier than her sis.

She’s got kind of a rising dough, yeasty, alcoholy smell. It’s nice, but just coming on, she’s not one to overdo the perfume!

She’s hanging in the open area, under a 240QB and a 315.

Temps anywhere from 65-70°, RH 55%

2 gallon airpot w/coco, bluegrass tunes for entertainment :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking in :grinning:

23 Likes