Mr Wizard makes another stab at it

Okay cool. I was thinking to myself what a weird timeline for these plants to be about ready in another 30 days :sweat_smile:

They are looking really good.

1 Like

Had to remove the yoyos, cant let these plant spread out any more or they wont fit in the tent.
Cleaned out the base a little more to increase airflow.

I am a big man, with large hands, check out the trunk on these…

12 Likes

True. It’s like shaking hands with some one wearing a baseball glove or one of those “we’re #1” foam sports team hands.

PositiveTightEyra-max-1mb

2 Likes

You are really rockin it this run Mr. Wiz! Well Done.

What are you feeding those beauties? Do have a harvest date estimate?

Any idea of sex yet? You might want to try @ReikoX’s “Two 12/12 Nights” routine to get them to show early. I just did and it seemed to work on Orange Grove plants.

1 Like

Not sure on sex, culled two males that showed early on. I “think” I see a pistol or 2 on the smaller of these last 2, but not sure at all.

I am guessing at a harvest end of November, simply because they are autos and are now 50 days in, with no clear flowering yet.

I switched my nutes back to Dynagro, much simpler that the GH stuff. I am running about 1300ppm right now. I am just following the chart, falling rez level and falling EC means to raise the nutes. I do so in 100ppm increments.

This has been the most common change I see from day to day.

The suckers are really exploding from day to day right now!

Question: Did I clear enough airflow space at the trunk base?

8 Likes

Little help here please!

See this post and weigh in if you can!

1 Like

Damm girl you really thick.

1 Like

I am starting to wonder whether these are indeed fully worked Autos. I am now 51 days from pop and no signs of flowering. I think I will take the suggestions and switch to 12/12 for a while.

The provenance of these beans is less than documented. The back story on them is that they came from a large library of genetics from an elite(ish) craft growers forum that faded into obscurity. Maybe they arent what they are thought to be. They are “thought” to be Northern Lights X Lowryder 2 autos, but as I understand it, documentation is less than certain.

So I think I am going to treat them as photo regs for a while.

The question for me is once they flower do I dare go back to 18hr days. LOL, they dont need to be revegged!

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m not an auto expert, but I was always under the assumption that you could just run your autos at 12/12 the whole time and they will just naturally do their thing.

1 Like

Agreed, and it is my understanding you can also run them at 18 hours the whole time and they should still naturally do their thing. Thats why I am questioning if indeed they are full autos.

If they are really photos then I need to keep 12/12 the rest of the grow.

1 Like

OK, need a little advice here please.

As you can see in my post above I am questioning whether these are really autos.

I switched to 12/12.

Sooooo…
What do I do once they flower? Is it worth the risk to put them back on 18/6?
Sure would hate for them to go into a reveg.

5 Likes

I’d def keep these on 12/12 or 11/13 until harvest to play safe

5 Likes

Yeah if it’s been months, they’re sexually mature(have preflowers on ~every node) and aren’t flowering, then they aren’t full autos. You’ll need to set and keep it to 12/12 or similar the whole ride.

4 Likes

Well, switched to 12/12 as these dont appear to be fully worked autos.

Got a nagging suspicion that the closest plant is a male, will wait to see full balls before I chop.

This whole experience has me questioning my approach of planting 4 plants and waiting for sex. My 3’ tent really can only comfortably hold 1 plant this size. When/if these 2 start stretching I may be in trouble. Got plenty of height, but out of girth.

I am seriously thinking about restricting the tent to Fems. Save the regs for outdoors.

7 Likes

My guess is these are not fully auto, Lowryder2 is an auto, but Northern Lights is, originally, a photo. I would flip to 12/12 and keep them there.

7 Likes

:arrow_double_up:
Yep, what these guys said… 12/12 is your friend, you’ll still have some big plants if you flip now, even if they’re photo-ish.

2 Likes

Keep them at 12/12 I would not go back.

1 Like

Recalling your threads & general approach I bet you’d be very happy tweaking all your grow room knobs and buttons without a single worry about how they’ll sex.

Just stick to “reliably” feminized seeds from known sources, many of them right here on OG. Unknown rando seeds are just an aggravation!

Jus my $0.02
-Grouchy

2 Likes

They may flower a week or so faster if they have autoflower genetics in them. These are sometimes called a “fast version” or (I hate this one) a “super auto”. I would call them heterozygous for the autoflowering trait. But that’s hard to write on a pack of seeds.

3 Likes

Thoughts?

3 Likes