Looking back at the environmental controls over the first full week:
Started with a setpoint of 82 F, reduced by 1 degree each day until I got to 78F and left it there. Temp is holding pretty good. I was able to reduce the hysteresis swing by 50% by the end of the week. Look at the yellow circles, the amplitude of the swings (on/off cycles) was cut in half.
I feel confident I can improve stability here.Reduced the hysteresis swing by 50% (yellow circles). Still need some work to improve it. I do not have any active de-humidification yet. Dont need it much yet except during lights out (Blue lines). I have purchased 2 large dehumidifiers for the tent, both wound up inside the house as the house needed it. Waiting until I absolutely need it before I snatch one out of the house. When I do the humidity will be much more stable. The red circle was an error where I didnt seat the tank properly.
I noticed a phenomena where every time the AC cut on, the humidity would drop drastically. This led to huge swings in humidity. So I added a second humidifier that runs wide open any time the AC is one, and I let the other humidifier stay controlled by the Inkbird. This change happened at the White Arrow above. It has definitely helped.
Reduced the hysteresis swing by 50% (yellow circles). Bottom line is once I stabilize the humidity, the VPD will stabilize as well.
Sump is running at 72f with active evaporative cooling. Would like to reduce it to 68f. As ambient temps drop I am hoping I will easily achieve the 68. Rez is loaded at 6.1ph at 300ppm. The roots have not reached the pool yet, but will in a day or two. I drizzle a little rez water near the rockwool cubes once a day until the roots reach the pool.
I am running the lights at 30 DLI. 20 hours on and 4 off. Trying to push them a bit to make the most of the “Auto” time cycle.
Input, suggestions, wild ass ideas, are all welcome!