Multi-Strain CBD “Seed” Run

Getting set up to resume growing indoors again after a semi-successful summer outdoor grow. I usually include a high CBD plant or two in my grows, but this time around I am going exclusively high CBD (with various amounts of THC). I’ll be doing selective pollination with most of them, so will end up with several different high CBD crosses to play with.

Here’s what I’ll be growing this time around:

CBDream (Crop King Seeds, fem, photo) - This is a nice plant to smoke, but the bigger priority is to continue my back-cross project.

CBDream BX1 (chucked by me, reg, photo) - This is CBDream x (CBDream x Critical Kush). Have not grown any of these out yet, but the goal is to grow a male and use his pollen on the fem CBDream (above) to produce a CBDream BX2. This will be continued to BX4 in subsequent grows.

Harlequin BX4 (BC Bud Depot, reg, photo) - I got these on sale a while back and they had not been stored properly. If I can get a couple to germinate I’ll feel lucky enough. It’ll be fun to try this “classic” CBD strain and do some chucking with it.

Sweet Pure Auto CBD (Sweet Seeds, fem, auto) - 20:1 CBD:THC (claimed). Should be interesting to smoke and I am going to breed it.

CBD Yummy (CBD Crew, fem, photo) - I’m excited about this one. I am not sure why. I guess mostly based on CBD Crew’s reputation. This will also be selectively pollinated.

Erdpurt (ACE Seeds, fem, photo) - I tried to germ one of these in the spring and it failed, so I am hoping to have better luck this time around. This will also be selectively pollinated.

The fathers of most of these planned crosses (with the exception of the CBDream BX project) will be the two Lebanese (ACE Seeds) males that I ended up with this summer. Pollen was collected from both and mixed, so there will be a bit of variability in the F1 crosses. Should make for some interesting pheno hunting in the future.

Seeds have been soaked and are in their Jiffy pods. I’m going to run them in 1 gallon fabric pots, home made super soil, GO nutes, and 12/12 from seed. I don’t give a damn about yield (I am still trying to smoke pot I grew last fall) and just want to have fun, try stuff, and “breed” CBD crosses.

27 Likes

We don’t see nearly enough attention towards CBD here on OG. Along for the ride @cogitech. This should be an interesting thread to follow :v:

13 Likes

Sweet, I get front row for this!!
Best of luck and can’t wait to see the out come

7 Likes

I’ll be reading this.

6 Likes

Real nice! Pullin up a chair in hurrr!

U gettin em tested? I read only way 2 gair-rone-tee cbd is if both parents have a lot.

6 Likes

Yes, both parents need to be high CBD. In this case, they all should be. The Lebanese “dads” have 4 phenotypes and I don’t know which two I ended up with, but it doesn’t matter because they all have high CBD. Tests can be seen here https://www.aceseeds.org/en/libanostd.html in the product description.

As far as testing goes, I have most of the stuff I need to do Beam’s testing for CBD here at home. Just one more item and I’ll be ready to test. THC tests are easy for me - smoke some. I have an extremely low tolerance for THC.

13 Likes

Ohhhhh, You’ve got my attention. Pulling up a chair :couch: and my pipe :smoking: We’re in for a fun filled ride :tractor:

10 Likes

I’m growing a cbd strain with less than .3% thc. I was told to harvest early because the thc can increase and fail the legal limit for hemp. When should I harvest?

4 Likes

I would judge it based on trichomes. Normally, the “ideal” time to harvest for maximum THC is when there are no clear/transparent trichomes left, most trichomes are milky/white and 10%-15% of the trichomes are amber.

I have read several places that CBD content peaks earlier than THC during this ripening process, so working backward from what I stated above, I guess I would aim for about 10% clear/transparent trichomes and 90% white/milky. By most accounts, this would be considered “too early” if the goal is to maximize THC production - but in the case of trying to maximize CBD and avoid too much THC then “too early” should be “just right”.

I am not an authority on this, however I think my logic is sound.

8 Likes

I’ll be following as usual :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Am interested in watching…Am thankful to be watching. One day soon, I plan on doing a big outdoor CBD run. This may help me learn more about it.

Thanks Cogi…

Regards,

K.

5 Likes

Part of my goal is to create a high CBD plant that is suited to my hot, arid summers but also be able to tolerate surprise cold weather in the fall. Either that or something that begins flowering early enough that it’ll have no trouble finishing while the weather is still quite warm. This is part of the reason I chose Lebanese fathers, and also why I am really hoping the Erdpurt will germinate for me. The Leb “fathers” (from ACE) flowered incredibly early compared to the the Leb females (Blue Hemp x RSC) that I grew. Like 4-5 weeks earlier - so it’ll be good to have that trait in the gene pool. Erdpurt apparently can withstand snow and freezing rain, so that might be a good mix.

Whatever I come up with, I’ll be willing to share the seeds from these crosses so keep that in mind.

10 Likes

This is fascinating. GO nutes?

2 Likes

Running any CBD strains that also have a decent thc level?

2 Likes

General Organics (by General Hydroponics).

3 Likes

Harlequin has the most potential for THC, with a range of 7%-15%. Lebanese, CBDream, Erdpurt and CBD Yummy are all between 5% and 8%, however there are Lebanese phenotypes with very low or virtually no THC.

7 Likes

The first to pop its head out of the peat pod is one of the CBDream BX1. 48 hours. Not bad!

1 gallon fabric pots and saucers arrive today. Picked up some EWC the other day, but forgot to buy more perlite, so I’ll be making a trip back to the shop on the weekend. Still have 3/4 of a bale of Promix HP.

6 Likes

A second CBDream BX1 is up, and the CBDream fem is just barely starting to poke through.

4 Likes

Sweet Pure Auto CBD and Erdpurt have poked their heads out now!

5 Likes

To my pleasant surprise, one of the Harlequins is doing its best to poke through!

The ones that have popped and sprung leaves have been transplanted (photos in SOLO cups and auto in 1 gallon “final” pot).

I made the same soil as I usually do, but this time I added a “combo” amendment product that includes various “meals”, epsom, and glacial rock dust.

Light timer is set to 15/9 for now. Will drop to 12/12 in a week or two.

8 Likes