Multi-Strain CBD “Seed” Run

CBD Yummy seed failed. Dropped another in water just now.

3 Likes

CBD Yummy #2 was pretty slow. Not super-impressed with CBD Crew’s gear so far. The seeds themselves are small and pale so I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. On the other hand, the WW I grew out a while ago was excellent, and it came from a pitiful little seed.

Anyway, CBD Yummy #2 it is up and ready for a SOLO cup now.

The rest are doing well. Will be giving them their first real feeding tomorrow.

7 Likes

Thanks for keeping us in the know Cogi…Such a great thing to make a run from…Helping others, big time…

K.

6 Likes

Some people may look down their noses at these “weak” strains but there seems to be a lot of others who actually really want something lower in THC and higher in CBD. They shouldn’t be left out, and they shouldn’t have to pay $10 (or more) per seed. Plus, I love chuckin’ !!

14 Likes

They’re coming along nicely.

Back row: Sweet Pure Auto CBD, 2x CBDream BX1, and CBDream fem.

Front row: Harlequin, 2x CBDream BX1, and Erdpurt.

Still in a solo cup, CBD Yummy #2 (the second seed I germinated) is a week or so behind and is one of the most pitiful little runts I have ever seen. I might just cull it. Really not impressed with CBD Crew.

I decided to pair up the CBDream BX1 plants to save pots/space, because I am basically only looking for one good male. I may end up keeping a male and a female if it works out that way. At some point one plant in each will be culled. If you look at all four of these BX1 plants (centre back and centre front), you’ll notice that one looks distinctly different than the other three.

The Erdpurt (front, right) is a strange little fucker.

9 Likes

I would definitely not fit into that category.

There are many good reasons, in my opinion, to value a high CBD low THC strain. I’ve been working through some of the CBD strain seeds I’ve gotten from folks here on OG, and I’m very grateful for what I’ve found in them. They genuinely improve my quality of life, and are often suitable in situations where a high THC strain combined with my low tolerance just wouldn’t work.

I’m excited to see how this project goes for you. Best wishes!

10 Likes

Thanks Howard!

Such a great community, eh? Glad to hear you have found some stuff that really works for you.

More to come, I hope!

5 Likes

Is your Erdpurt a high CBD variant?

2 Likes

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/erdpurt-fem.html
According to the tests, all three phenos are. Look in the product description for the reports.

4 Likes

Interesting. I have some Erdpurt x Durban Poison I could add to my own CBD run.

3 Likes

The chances of getting high CBD with that cross is low. Maybe If you took them to F2 and hunted.

4 Likes

Copy that. I have five or six other CBD strains so may leave it. Been curious about Erdpurt since I first heard the name.

3 Likes

Mine’s growing like a cabbage (in the words of another member). Weird plant so far.

10 Likes

I’ve always wondered how that works. Ever crossed high THC with high CBD plants? Do you get phenos of each or a more blended cannabinoid ratio?

Tasty looking cabbage there btw :green_salad:

5 Likes

You usually get a mixed ratio in the F1 generation. The F2 generation should be 1:2:1 THC:mixed:CBD. It just follows a punnett square.

9 Likes

Cool, good to know. I tried smoking my first CBD weed ever tonight, scissor hash from your Earth Lover and Dragons Tongue…it’s really nice! Thanks again for the awesome beans :+1:

7 Likes

A better look at CBD Crew’s CBD Yummy mutant. Nature would cull this thing fast. Tempted to do so myself, but also too curious to kill it just yet. Almost looks like it has Aussie Bastard DNA in it.

11 Likes

Thought I was the only one who let sprouts like that live.

3 Likes

Is that an official horticultural term. Or just based around a known Australian gene problem :joy::rofl:

2 Likes
4 Likes