Multi-Strain CBD “Seed” Run

I like how in each post there are another five ingredients to mix. It’s probably not hard work once you have all that around, but you must also have researched it at one time. You’re not as lazy as you want us to think you are. :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

But that isn’t true at all! That special amendment I used this time was pre-mixed. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MYP1THX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing I mix up is the “soil” itself, the recipe for which I found with a quick google search. I guess you could call that research.

So typically I am only buying and mixing 5 readily available ingredients.

5 Likes

I tried this once when I was feeling lazier than usual. Bought an organic super soil from the local shop. It was way too hot and was lacking in a few micro nutrients. My autos didn’t do nearly as well as they should have.

I learned my lesson. When you find something that “just works”, stick with it.

7 Likes

Come the summer time I’ll buy everything that’s needed and give it a run with some autos mate for my own personal stash. Indoors though with the results I’m seeing in rdwc I’m gonna stick with it as yield is important for obvious reasons we can’t speak about on here. :+1:

5 Likes

I used to do something similar, but I’d add some Doctor Earth dry organic fertilizer to the soilless mix, which allowed me to give them nothing but water for the first month, maybe a bit longer. Then I’d start feeding 1tbsp PBP Bloom and 1tsp CalMag per gallon from then on until the last couple of weeks, which was back to water only until harvest. Those were, without question, the healthiest, happiest, stinkiest plants I have ever grown. Never worried about pH, ppm, or anything else. I kind of miss it at times, TBH.

8 Likes

I have no doubt in my mind that other methods are superior if yield and potency are the 2 priorities.

4 Likes

Taste also mate and organics wins hands down

4 Likes

I’ve considered looking into some dry organic fertilizers, which would reduce my need to mix and feed liquid nutes. I’ll look into that Doctor Earth stuff, Howard. Thanks for that.

5 Likes

Yep, I think for flavour and smell (terpines) organics has the edge for sure, but to get the highest yield and potency for the least cost, literally every other method is better. Yield and potency just happen to be at the bottom of my priority list.

6 Likes

I just received sample packs of GeoFlora Veg and Bloom…
4lb bag of each!

I’m going to try using this as a top-dressing in my next round…

3 Likes

Very cool soilless recipe… As far as the general organics, i read on the bottles, when you mix up a nutrient solution it’s only good for 24 hours… Do you mix every day? Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

I mix a double batch every other day. For example, I mixed a double batch this morning and applied half of it. The other half will go on 24 hours later.

Having said that, I know for sure I have left it sit for 2 or 3 days and then used it, and there were no ill effects.

Also, it isn’t necessary to feed with every watering. Some grows I only fed once a week, other grows I fed every other day. I just look at the plants and make a judgement call as to what they want/need.

The box says it is only good for 1 year after opening. I have bottles that I have been using for over 18 months and it is fine.

4 Likes

Ok @Esrgood4u I got you a solution. https://www.indoororganics.co.uk/
They have water only soil you can buy. You want the stuff with pumice and biochar. There are a bunch of kits with more stuff in them, but which you need will be the best for you depends on your level of comfort.

5 Likes

I understand organics takes work. If I could just buy a soil that’s organic and a feed I could buy off the shelf I’d be happy. Plant magic Old timer does an organic nutrient so I’d just buy that http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/categories/organic-plant-nutrients/5/

3 Likes

I remain skeptical of the pre-mixed, water only soils. I know I only got bit once, with one product, but I’m twice shy now.

3 Likes

Bruv, you could jam your plants in coco and feed them organic nutes if you want really simple. They just might want more of the nutes and the coco wouldn’t buffer pH worth a shit.

Way I see it, my peat + perlite is basically just an inert “media”, the EWC gets some biological activity going and provides a “reserve” of nutrients, the dolomite lime buffers pH and the bone & blood meal also provides some slow release nutrients and micro nutrients. The bulk of the NPK is coming from the bottled nutes. The nutes themselves are very diverse - humic acid, seaweed, fish fert, root stimulant, cal-mag, etc. Dead simple to measure out with a large syringe.

So it is very similar to coco but with some amendments to reduce the PITA factor and then bottled organic nutes instead of bottled synthetic nutes.

6 Likes

By the way, I decided on this course of action after standing at the kitchen counter fucking around with pH test strips trying to test my “soil” and water, and dicking around with pH up/down - retesting, etc.

Fuck that shit - they are plants, not a hot tub.

Shortly after that, I read someone mention that they grow in “soil” and don’t bother with pH and EC so I gave it a try and never looked back. That was the only good advice I ever found over at RIU.

10 Likes

I can buy certified 100% organic coco (it’s a coconut so why certified I don’t know, it’s a big nut how organic do you want? ) I don’t mind making up the organic feed if it’s bottled or a complete dry feed. The ph up and down I know there is a natural way to do it. I’d even put a water butt outside and collect from my guttering to feed them. An organic soil that buffers ph would be the perfect solution for me. Sorry @cogitech mate. We keep going over the same thing. I would love nothing more then to collect rain water (UK we have plenty) and feed the plants without fucking on mixing loads of different elements. Maybe coco with rain water and oldtimer would work ok with lemon juice to reduce ph

2 Likes

The recipe is above. :grinning:

I use water right from the tap.

That’s my fault. I just feel like I haven’t quite convinced you of how bloody simple this is.

4 Likes

I’ve got till summer to buy everything needed. I’ll borrow a cement mixer though to mix it all up as shovels/spades are a no go for me. If all I have to do is water them I’m sold. I think the most expensive thing over here is the perlite but I used to fit wood burners and my old boss is still my friend and we used to use either that or vemiculite as a chimney insulator so know he’s always got some. I’ve not seen peat moss available anywhere though but I’ll check the bay for it

3 Likes