My buds have no flavor

There are many on this forum who would argue just the opposite. I prefer soil, but I read all sorts of growers threads, and they vary widely.

Proper cure is always key.

9 Likes

I donā€™t have the experience to say yet, but it seems as though running hydroponics in coconut coir could provide an acceptable taste profile (as opposed to inerts).

Keep checking them threads. The amount of information is awesome.

2 Likes

Yes! I need one of these immediately!

1 Like

I hear a lot of growers talking about black strap molasses, I have yet to see it. What is it and where do I buy it?

@Scissor-Hanz I honestly canā€™t remember where I got all of my blue dream seeds, but I am more than open to suggestions if anyone knows where I can buy them from someone reputable in the US to insure good genetics.
I have read through the thread on reputable seed banks and have yet to see any sort of definitive answer on US seed banks. So much debate! lol I will definitely need to purchase more seeds before the spring and would love a good place.

2 Likes

Grocery store, baking aisle. ā€œBlackstrap molasses is the dark, viscous molasses that remains after maximum extraction of sugar from raw sugar cane.ā€

3 Likes

How long do you think these buds have to go? Since they are outdoor, the internet just says mid October. I stopped the megacrop. Do you think itā€™s too soon?

7 Likes

Iā€™m just going to take an educated guess and say by the amount of white hairs, another 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Sounds about right, but sometimes an early harvest is better than no harvest. If you can keep them covered and air moving go as long as you can.

4 Likes

Thanks! No more nutes then! Gonna see how this harvest tastes with a 2 week flush.

2 Likes

@ReikoX Iā€™m not having mold issues, still feels like summer here. As long as the bugs donā€™t do too much damage, I should be good for probably a month or more actually. So Cal is in major drought. I get some dew in the early morn, but plenty of sun to dry them so far! In this I feel blessed, although I would practically consider sacrificing a goat at this point if it would produce rain.

5 Likes

For the OP topic. I canā€™t offer help on the lack of taste. But if they smell and give you the effect desired. Those are pretty good targets to hit.

I think it could be better to have the taste and effect. But as long are youā€™re getting the effect that would be my only requirement.

1 Like

Yeah, i tried some out of a later dated jar. Same plants harvested later and that jar puts me in outer space! Super high! It does taste better, but not much. I have read like 10 articles on drying and curing too, Iā€™m 90% certain that Iā€™m doing that right. Iā€™m going with the 2 options people have offered either I harvested too early or bad genes.

:smile:

When I first started I used cane sugarā€¦I think at a cup a gallon.

Now it sounds insane but the bud tasted great. :candy: :lollipop:

ā€¦or BOTH! Dā€™OH! :imp: Am I an asshole? Probably. But the friendly kind.

:evergreen_tree: :smile:

3 Likes

Itā€™s probably just genetics. Some strains just dont have any flavor.

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping this is the case with my Barneyā€™s farm liberty haze. It was a freebie from seedsman when I ordered. Heard it was questionable genetics. Itā€™s supposed to have a lime flavor, but has no real flavor now. Smelled fantastic during flowering, and a bud I tried out of a jar that hasnā€™t been opened in over a week, seems to be getting better. Gets you high as f***k though :grin:

3 Likes

Do you always use cane sugar now? Ever tested the same cut with and without cane sugar to test the difference?

What could we use for those who prefer a citric flavor. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

no & no. I use molasses at about 1 tsp (some few ml) per gallon to feed microbes, & i havenā€™t done any comparison growing yet. had planned to try an orchid-mix, orchid feed test but can already see the first little one was super pale & screaming for nitrogen.

Sunny-D of course! j/kā€¦

Iā€™d say Grapefruit Skunk. Loved it. Even from bagseed. I think it was DNAā€™s seed based on apearance.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

The problem I have with adding carbs to my soil is these will attract many different types of microbes. The plant will do the same thing, except the carbs they put out attract specific microbes depending on their need. If the PH is too high, they can attract an acid excreting microbe (LAB for example). If they need more P, they attract a microbe that creates phosphatase enzymes.

8 Likes