My first grow in the world of MJ

For the setup: 3 5600k 17 watt LEDs, 3 2700k 17 watt LEDs, and a red/blue 8w Grow LED, potting soil + a lil compost, perlite, and coco coir for added wetting, with extra drainage holes drilled in.

7 Likes

Will you be upgrading lighting along the way?

These may get you into veg, but might not get you through beg and into flower.

You will probably get some flowers, and you may also get flowers that self seed.

3 Likes

Hopefully so, I’m looking at upgrading to a 300w LED panel, all depends on if nothing comes up in real life in the meantime lol. I’m pulling 108 watts right now, so barely within range for 1 plant but yes obviously I’d prefer more lighting :smiley:

1 Like

Hey bud, that’s good for starts. Lots of people are successful with off-the-shelf LED bulbs.
Helpful hint, you can increase the intensity of the light getting to the plants by removing the plastic diffuser (bulb) from the base.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’ll read up on that and try to attempt it

2 Likes

Check out this thread on ICMag

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

Also this thread here on OG

3 Likes

That’s great to hear that your so supportive of your wife.

Gotta start somewhere bulb leds can still do a great deal. What’s your soil mix?

2 Likes

I’m also using screw in LEDs for my new cabinet run.

You want at least 35w/sqft to get you through to harvest. Mine just meets minimum requirements and I may have to upgrade in the future.

Plant is looking good so far, do you plan on up-potting at some point? How big is the pot? Do you know what strain the bagseed came from?

We like lots of details here lol.

Happy growing!

3 Likes

Preferably ALL of the details haha

IF you’ve never took the diffusers off, Here is a handy post by @Mr.Sparkle on how to do it. There’s more than one way, I use a pair of channel locks and squeeze the diffuser loose and pry it off.

2 Likes

And I use a rotary tool (don’t use a rotary tool) lol

2 Likes

I’ve used a bandsaw, a rotary tool, a drill bit and a screwdriver, but I think my most dangerous attempt was a battery powered circular saw lol. However you do it, be safe.

2 Likes

I might need to see a tutorial on this :joy:

:v:

Update:

I use a mix of perlite, coco coir, organic garden soil, some potting soil I forget the name of, and I dust that with an organic 5-4-4 dry plant food, mix, and then rinse well. I add superthrive every couple days for additional support.
Pot is fairly small, maybe half gallon by the looks of it, and yes, I have a 5 gallon pot waiting. I do not know what strain the bagseed is from, I do know it’s an Indica from my wife’s reaction, and a little less potent than the Gas I currently get for her… since I can’t find a good hybrid around here to save my life… Sidenote: I actually used to deal way way way back when in High School, so about 20 years ago, so I do know quite a bit about strains and effects.

2 Likes

I used a boxknife and a kitchen knife to score the plastic diffusers and then pry them off, btw.

And here’s the tent in it’s environment.

3 Likes

Transplanted to a 5 gallon pail, shortly after, my AC went out, while in the middle of a rainy week with highs at 74-94 this week… definitely not optimal, and my landlady’s repairman won’t fix it while it’s raining… amazingly enough though, the little one is doing pretty good.

2 Likes

edit to add: I transplanted to 5 gallon because I started noticing some small signs of damping off, so uprooted in green light, removed any bad root outliers, dipped in h2o2, planted in the 5 gallon, and added a little superthrive and ph balanced drinking water. Added a lot more perlite with this soil for better water management.

1 Like

i wish you some lucky with that .

1 Like

Updated pics from today:

6 Likes