My first shot at making dry sift hash

I recently procured a fairly substantial amount of extremely dry weed. Like dry as a popcorn fart. Wasnt sure what to do with it. I love me some old school hash. I know its kind of the dinosaur of the concentrate world these days but something about it I just love. So anyway I try sifted all this stuff and pressed this nice little 14 gram chunk. What do you guys think?

27 Likes

Looks amazing man. I guess I am a dinosaur as well. Dry sift hash is the best kind of hash IMO . It is not the king of concentrates as it once was but it’s the only type of hash I want. Does it smell as good as it looks?

5 Likes

Thanks man!!!

It doesn’t actually have the typical spicy earthy hash smell. The one strain of weed I used had a very strong fruity terp smell and it really dominated. Im wondering if as it ages a bit if it will subside.

There’s a few places to order decent quality old school hash, if your in Canada. Some of the stuff smells just like my high school days ha ha.

I definitely love the mellow hash high, really nice and calming!

6 Likes

Yes sir, proudly Canadian :slight_smile:
Oh Canada

3 Likes

Nice work, you’ll not be needing to order anytime soon! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

How would you compare dry sift to bubble hash? I’ve pressed kief into pucks, thats basically dry sift, right?

Thats beautiful btw

3 Likes

That looks delicious and I want to eat it. Well done. Nice sized chunk

3 Likes

I’m down with the dinosaur. Nice work!

2 Likes

RAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwrrrr (waves T-rex arms). Looks like it came from the middle east thirty years ago, nice bro!

3 Likes

In all honesty I’ve never made or even smoked bubble hash.

And ya what I did was dry sifted the weed and had a big pile of kief. Then I put it in parchment paper and took and empty pickle jar and filled it with hot water (as hot as my tap could get) then rolled it a bunch, then opened the parchment paper and folded the chunk over on itself and rolled it again, kept repeating the cycle until it was so dense I couldn’t fold it anymore. Took about 30 minutes of rolling it. I kept refilling the pickle with hot water to keep it hot. Pickle jar hash!

6 Likes

Yeah, thats the frenchie cannoli method, I’ve seen his youtube videos

2 Likes

Ya man! Works pretty good. I’m happy with how it turned out.

3 Likes

Was the parchment paper sealed so the kief didnt get wet? Or how should it be?

The hash stays dry he’s using a hot pickle jar fillled with water as a rolling pin the hash is inside the parchment it’s like Getting rolled over by steam roller to break down the waxy layer to get those resin glands to melt together the hash is folded over safely in the parchment until you open it back up to fold the rolled out ball back into itself.If you take that and rub your hands together get them warm and roll that into a ball and keep rolling it for a while taking pauses to warm up the ball with your own heat you get a nice temple ball.Here’s a half ass one

1 Like

I’ve seen more than a few bubble heads turn to dry sift without looking back. I imagine full melt dry sift is the crem de la crem of concentrates :call_me_hand: