Some Old World Hash

Picked this little beauty up today.
Its from Morocco, made the traditional way, but with modern genetics from Spain. Not sure on the specifics of the varieties used for production over there. It smells, tastes and smokes beautifully.

51 Likes

Wow-

I’d love to try some of that…

3 Likes

Me too :yum: looks so good that you just want to bite a chunk off.

6 Likes

Ya looks like a big piece of fudge just a small nibble would do.

3 Likes

Looks like the stuff I make

5 Likes

That’s so cool

1 Like

Shit I wish I could find old school hash around here these days. I miss the good old days of Afghan and Lebanese. There’s something different about the overall experience versus smoking some bubble

4 Likes

I’ve never had real old world hash, super jealous lol

2 Likes

We used to get hash that was stamped or had a gold seal on the packages back in the early 70’s . I remember a dragon stamp burnt into the brick of some red leb hash.

5 Likes

I sure miss the hash from 80’s.
The blond or dark both great medicine .
Tried bubble a few times. All good.

1 Like

I use to get the black hash with a gold seal. Was some really good smoke.

5 Likes

Im just getting over a head cold, so Im really looking forward to trying and tasting it properly too.

:sweat_smile: it is very inviting for a little bite.

1 Like

Mmmm hash fudge :drooling_face::drooling_face::sweat_smile:

Sweet man, would love to see it if you have any threads or links to it. Do you use the traditional beat over a screen type method?

1 Like

Thanks man, I was just lucky to get it.

Im with you 100%, Red Lebanese was prob my all time fav hash, I really miss it.

After the civil war ended mass production in the Bekaa Valley sort of stopped, it actually ramped up again a few years ago and Leb hash started to appear again. But then war in Syria kicked off and now the Bekaa Valley is a giant refugee camp.
I really loved that dark Afghani hash too, Afghani polm was prob my fav Afghani hash.
I was fortunate to live in Amsterdam for a few years in the 90’s and got to try a lot of amazing old school styles of hash. A lot has been replaced by modern hash forms in recent years.

Indian Charass and in particular Nepalese Temple Balls was another favourite. Myself and a friend managed to source a full 250g Temple Ball years ago, was some special hash.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed you do get to try it.:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
A lot of the modern hash methods produce stronger, purer hash, but theres just something special for me in these old school types.

1 Like

Too cool man, Ive seen some black Afghani back in the day, with the official Mazar e Sharif district logo stamped on it in gold print too.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try charas or some legit temple balls. I made my own temple balls a few years ago from dry sift taken from a particularly heavy hash producing strain. It was nice, but it would have been better if it were old world genetics and not a modern hybrid

2 Likes