My homemade bubble cloner

I made one out of a Tupperware container. A 5 gallon bucket also. I use tap water. I have used other things. Tap water works. The ph will rise. I did use clone x on my last ones.

1 Like

How is it going? Or let’s say growing! @Floyd good reading. I got 4 small babies going.

I had always heard roots need darkness- so the logic tracks there, but yeah… I trust what I see people doing more than what I’ve heard.

1 Like

You can make one out of anything, you just need a air pump and a stone. Got a pic? I think cloning is easy. Ive always thought it was easy. Bubble cloner … even easier. If you want to make something more like what you buy with sprayers etc. @Guitarzan has a good tutorial somewhere here on OG

1 Like

old picture.

3 Likes

Hey @anon62804309! Here’s a post I did about the Kitty Cat Cloner.

I really like the cat litter pails. They’re small, easy to move around, and the lids fit them tight, so they don’t drip. They’re 12" deep, and 9 1/2" wide, so you could fit 3 of them in a 2x2 for sure. The way I size the standpipe, mine holds about 2 1/2 gallons. If you double up on your clones, you’re looking at 72 per run.

Oh yeah, that’s a 550GPH pump, it’s $15-$20 bucks at Amazon.

Building a small aero-cloner isn’t very expensive, and it’s easy to do. For me, the key to success is that Permaclone process. I’d used aero-cloners in the past with single digit success rates. Since I found their site, I’m in the high 90s.

I don’t know that anyone ever will, but if you’re reading this, and you decide to build one, post a picture somewhere, and tag me. I’d love to see how it works out. :grinning:

Have a great day everyone. :v:
:guitar:

2 Likes

My first dwc buckets were folgers cans.

5 Likes

IF you are using a clear container for cloning, make sure you aren’t using nutrient solution as well. If you are using nutrient and light falls on the solution, it’s definitely not good. It made algae and rotifers grow that ate the clone. Don’t mix plant species in the cloner as well, some are incompatible.

3 Likes

Good heads up, I have a wandering Jew cutting I was thinking about putting into mine too.

2 Likes

I’ve put okra cuttings in my cloner and it rooted and no problems, I guess they were compatible…

3 Likes

We don’t need no stinking airstones (my solution until the airstones comes tomorrow). I made it yesterday and seriously the clones look so good today, they were all wilty, and looked really bad, before I got them in it.

9 Likes

“Badges? What Badges!? We don’t need no stinking badges!!!”

5 Likes

You can get a bunch of airstones for cheap on Ebay… I think I have a bag full somewhere in my house

3 Likes

Nice. I love it. That’s the best one yet. I mop

1 Like

I go to the pet stores.

1 Like

Well, I’m honestly going to clean the one from my DWC, and I got a 36" flexible bubble wall to coil in the dwc bucket… I think I’m trying to pump too much air into the stone that’s currently in it

1 Like

I got the one big one used for 4$. Thanks for the reading. I enjoy stories.

There we go

4 Likes

I use an airline T on the end of my hose to emit bubbles. It cleans out easier than those f-ing airstones.

2 Likes

@Blueridge . @Floyd is a good teacher.

2 Likes