My homemade bubble cloner

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:question, You let the roots grow into the water or not?
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

If you let them go long enough they will end up in the water. Its not really a problem. I usually transplant them by the time they do.

5 Likes

When they grow, they grow fast…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thank You for all your help here and @floyd for letting me use your thread. :green_heart:

:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

3 Likes

Sorry Reagan Republican here ( I know I’m confused, but am loving weed while I figure it out). Anyway I love diy I made my aeroponic cloned with a pickle bucket from Fireman Suba (($3 food grade with lid, looking for better deal) so homemade imho is better than store bought (just had no soul). FYI I can afford store bought just dyi had a beauty that money can’t buy. There is an essence or soul or wtf that cant be reflected from my soul to whoever builds whatever. Can be close stink cigar

5 Likes
3 Likes

WOW! great results! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Had some clones sitting in cups of water and found this thread. Why not. Here’s what I came up with around the house :rofl:.

10 Likes

Very cool! :sunglasses: :+1:

How do you get those support tubes off the plants?
Are they slit vertically so they are remove-able?

Cheers
G

1 Like

I don’t make my collars that long I use short collars and smaller containers on my cloners…

3 Likes

Oh my god. I have 400 nerf darts around the house from my kids. I buy them by the 100 pack…

I just ordered an upgraded air stone for the dwc, so I’ll steal the stone out of it and cut some darts. Monday I’ll have a bubble cloner. I just checked, the darts have a diameter of .5 inches, I have a 3/8 drill bit. I think I can make it work.

@PhilCuisine what’s the best height above surface for the stems? Like an inch? Should I still dip in hormone?

3 Likes

I dont use any cloning dips just water…I have 2 kinds of cloners…the clear cloner I have the stems in water…the black cloner is taller and I have the water filled half way or 2/3 to the top…the cuttings are not in water its about half inch above the water so it only gets sprayed by the bubbles.

1 Like

Ok, I’m going to do something fairly small. Maybe 6 sites total. What’s the best depth of container? Like will shallow work as well as deep?

Yes, I have seen people using 5 gal. buckets and huge tubs for cloning but if you know basically know the principal on how it’s done shallow/small containers will work just as well…I can clone over 25+ cuttings at a time on my cloning shelf and still use less water.

2 Likes

Yes they have a slit down the side for that reason :grinning:

2 Likes

Like Phil I just use plain tap water. Easy easy.
I have 20 spots in that lid. Its a very small tub. If I remember right Phil also takes small cuttings.

4 Likes

I prefer smaller ones too. I try to take the bottom 2-4 bottom branches at the beginning of flower

I use a playing card as my template. So 3.5 " . Ive taken smaller clones in the past and clones from all over the plants as well. Ive never found it hard to clone. Some strains do seem to root easier though.
I was thinking about making a thread showing how easy it is to clone. I took cuts that i just snipped straight across with scissors and others i cut to size with an old dirty razor blade. They all root in my homemade cloner. I think the dull scissor cut ones might even root faster. I guess Im going to have make this thread now. lol

3 Likes

Yea I do…In the old Overgrow back in the day there was a thread that said post your smallest rooted cuttings so I posted my 1/2 inch cutting that was rooted… It was an Ogre strain. I’ve been hooked ever since then rooting small cuttings…I wish I still had that picture.

2 Likes

Well, might be a a challenge worth repeating. lol :thinking:

1 Like