My homemade bubble cloner

I use a playing card as my template. So 3.5 " . Ive taken smaller clones in the past and clones from all over the plants as well. Ive never found it hard to clone. Some strains do seem to root easier though.
I was thinking about making a thread showing how easy it is to clone. I took cuts that i just snipped straight across with scissors and others i cut to size with an old dirty razor blade. They all root in my homemade cloner. I think the dull scissor cut ones might even root faster. I guess Im going to have make this thread now. lol

3 Likes

Yea I do…In the old Overgrow back in the day there was a thread that said post your smallest rooted cuttings so I posted my 1/2 inch cutting that was rooted… It was an Ogre strain. I’ve been hooked ever since then rooting small cuttings…I wish I still had that picture.

2 Likes

Well, might be a a challenge worth repeating. lol :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, maybe…but summer is here I’m gonna chopped down my Phototron grow tomorrow and doing outside grows soon, I have enough cuttings for now. …I won’t have time to tend to any indoor grows. My vegetable garden is all set up and I will also be doing a lot camping this summer. It’s time to enjoy this summer folks. We all deserve to have a great summer this year, last summer was crap but hey my vegetable garden kicked ass though.

2 Likes

Not maybe, lol
By the way I actually remember your Phototron post from back in the day. A lot of discussion about your way of growing for sure. lol
Anyway, enjoy your summer Phil. :smiley:

1 Like

Well check out my Matanuska Thunder Head grow it’s will be chopped down tomorrow at 69 days.

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

2 Likes

Lol. Ive been silently following it.

2 Likes

You took a lot of shit back in the day. Your still making it work. Your the only person I know of who does it that way . Kudos for that. Your results speak for them self. :smiley:

3 Likes

I was just thinking on making another areo cloner… wonder which works better… I guess I just talked myself into making a bubble cloner.

1 Like

Love the idea, and please, convince me whether it is indeed better than cloning straight ahead in soil with aloe vera! Thanks!!! :heart_eyes: :innocent: :fire: :clap: :beers: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

Do what ever you want as far as cloning goes my friend. I’ve already made my thoughts on it clear. That’s why I made the thread. Others do it in siimlar ways. Lots of expensive things you can buy are the same thing. But do whatever you like.

3 Likes

Guess I’ll have to try that too!!! :smiley:

There you go. lol

Back then the Phototrons were ahead of the times…If you really think about it the tents that so many people are growing in now are to me Phototrons without the lighting and exhaust system…Phototrons had the lights and vents to keep it cool. But the Phototrons have to be kept in the dark during flowering, tents no. I have a brand new one still in the box and it has a fan on one of the panels. I will be using it this coming winter to grow a new strain in and maybe start a new thread…btw, thank you for following me all these years and the kind words.

6 Likes

Proofs in the pudding Phil as they say. :smile:

1 Like

Congrats to both!, and btw, both MTP and GB x Tomahawk have been growing as though there’s no limit!! I’ll try posting pics later, but thank you both!!! :pray: :smiley:

1 Like

Very good. So true.

Old school. I have seen one set before. I remember reading and seeing them in High Times

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try to make one somehow, just been getting ideas…

regards,

1 Like

Ok, last question. Are opaque sides better than translucent?

1 Like