My homemade bubble cloner

I was just thinking on making another areo cloner… wonder which works better… I guess I just talked myself into making a bubble cloner.

1 Like

Love the idea, and please, convince me whether it is indeed better than cloning straight ahead in soil with aloe vera! Thanks!!! :heart_eyes: :innocent: :fire: :clap: :beers: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

Do what ever you want as far as cloning goes my friend. I’ve already made my thoughts on it clear. That’s why I made the thread. Others do it in siimlar ways. Lots of expensive things you can buy are the same thing. But do whatever you like.

3 Likes

Guess I’ll have to try that too!!! :smiley:

There you go. lol

Back then the Phototrons were ahead of the times…If you really think about it the tents that so many people are growing in now are to me Phototrons without the lighting and exhaust system…Phototrons had the lights and vents to keep it cool. But the Phototrons have to be kept in the dark during flowering, tents no. I have a brand new one still in the box and it has a fan on one of the panels. I will be using it this coming winter to grow a new strain in and maybe start a new thread…btw, thank you for following me all these years and the kind words.

6 Likes

Proofs in the pudding Phil as they say. :smile:

1 Like

Congrats to both!, and btw, both MTP and GB x Tomahawk have been growing as though there’s no limit!! I’ll try posting pics later, but thank you both!!! :pray: :smiley:

1 Like

Very good. So true.

Old school. I have seen one set before. I remember reading and seeing them in High Times

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try to make one somehow, just been getting ideas…

regards,

1 Like

Ok, last question. Are opaque sides better than translucent?

1 Like

If you look at mine I covered the bin with black duct tape and half assed the top with a black marker. I dont know how much it matters. @PhilCuisine I believe his are clear or translucent

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing both in pics, that’s why I thought I’d ask.

My buddy does HVAC, so I can get that aluminum tape from him if it’s better to have it dark.

1 Like

I think any time you have light on water you can get green stuff. I use to have fish tanks. lol
If your going to make one, why not get a colored or dark plastic one just in case. The only reason I used the one I did because I had it on hand. I dont know if I needed to black out the bottom or not.

3 Likes

Actually I just remembered that bin was originally meant for growing mush. lol
Thats also why had those lights. lol

2 Likes

Ok, again back in the day the old Overgrow people said make your cloners out of dark plastic do not use clear plastic because the stems need to be in the dark when you’re trying to root them otherwise it won’t work…well guess what people that was just a myth, that’s why I made one out of a small black container and one with a clear container…I had 2 cuttings same strain and 1 went in the dark one and the other cutting in the clear one and they both started showing roots at the same time with optimum conditions. Ever since then I’ve been using both of them with no problems. As you can see the top of my clear cloner is blue and it blocked most of the light from the water that’s why I never got algae. As long as the light is not shining on water you won’t get algae. I also made another clear cloner that busted another myth but that will be on another post…:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

6 Likes

Yep, another thing that’s not really a thing. :smiley:

4 Likes

I made one out of a Tupperware container. A 5 gallon bucket also. I use tap water. I have used other things. Tap water works. The ph will rise. I did use clone x on my last ones.

1 Like

How is it going? Or let’s say growing! @Floyd good reading. I got 4 small babies going.