My Perpetual Education 🤣

UBCChemo doing awesome 18 days in. Nice to get a female this time. :grin:

6 Likes

Stink is really important! mmmm love a heady smell when you have to grab the plant to put it back upright in veg. The stink will evolve over time, I have one that starts out like toilet bowl cleaner then ripens up into a nice spicy stink!

2 Likes

This one came from @Mongobongo she is a Sour Diesel x Snow Lotus 28 days into flower also doing well. A little cal/mag deficiency but i just top dressed with fresh home made ewc and started using epsom salt at 1 Tbs/gallon of tap water

This is the first time I’ve ever used my own earthworm castings to top with and I couldn’t help but get quite a few worms in all of my plants now so I can’t help but think this will just benefit the soil. much to my surprise this morning when I went in and checked it out there wasn’t one rogue worm yay. :grin:
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Even the clones I bought and are super good don’t have a very smelly stem rub like this one.

2 Likes

This OGer is 28 days in not as stinky as the one in veg but i still cant wait to try it :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Two Sour Strawberry 2 weeks into flower and almost identical can’t tell them apart. 2.5 gallon airpots in supersoil. Water and hydrolyzed fish fertilizer, epsom salt, every second week and water, epsom salt, and microbial mass every other week.

7 Likes

And a little bagseed
Blueberry!
I’ll have to keep my eye on this one make sure she doesn’t hermie me on me I’ve got my shit together a lot better than I did the last time I grew her so we’ll see if it was her or me this time.
Ps sorry bout the slippers :open_mouth:

6 Likes

A nice Blueberry Cough with a little more than 2 weeks left to go.

10 Likes

Everything is looking really nice man.

5 Likes

Loving this OGer
About three weeks to go I think never grown it before.
This is #1 of 3, 3 is the stinky one (haven’t flowered yet hopefully a girl)

1gal bag Subs supersoil recipe (25%/75% sunshine#4) and some hydrolyzed fish fertilizer and some microbial mass alternating every 3rd watering with plain water and epsom salt every watering.
Not much smell but rock hard nugs and trichs galore, check out those sugar leafs :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres #2

same shit different pile
:wink: 2 weeks later

5 Likes

This is Blueberry Cough from JOTI and for the first time in a year growing it i can smell berries :heart_eyes::grin::grin:
grown in supersoil it seemed to suffer, smoking it you can’t tell, maybe to much ss in the mix but
a 6 week cure and it’s awesome.

2 Likes

A word on curing. I struggled for a long time with this. I was using the freezer ( sublimation) but it was always harsh, tasted ok but harsh. I can’t find it now but i read this post from @ifish thank you!

"ifish
Here’s how I do it
we harvest just befor lights on , this means that trichs are fully loaded with goodness
and the light has not degraded them yet , trichs are the plants sunscreen , at night the plant replenishes the goodness in them for the following day
The branches go hang in dark place or in paper bags , temp 17-21 c , 17 being best ( slowest dry time ) never dropping to 15 or lower , but with air circulating but not directly on the buds
after say 3-7 days depending on drying environment the outer surface of the buds will feel dryish but when you bend the branch it will just kink , no snapping yet
then they go into sealed plastic bags or jars , the contents of the bag over 1-2days will equalate moisture and the outside of the bud will feel wet again , then back to drying again in paper bags or hanging in dark
when outside of bud feels dry we bend the branch in a different place , if it kinks we go through the stages again etc
if we bend the branch , the top full half snaps but bottom half kinks ( like child’s green stick fracture ) this indicates that the buds are just at or slightly below 70 %rh , so it is safe to put in jars or bags as no mold will happen , we trim buds of branch , a humidity reader in the jar makes life easier , with this more detailed drying we are drawing the mousture from the center of the bud while also not drying the outer of the bud too quickly or over drying it : )
now in jars or sealed plastic bag peminatly , we open lids or open bag once a day for a minute or two , till the day we are finally happy ( steady 62%rh reading in small humidity reader in jar ) or by general feel /full snap , keep an eye on the humidity reader in the jar if you have one , as it may rise over night slowly so more burping required , needs to be steady 62 for storage
from chopping the earliest you can have a quick sample puff is usually10-14 days or 2 weeks but only at 3weeks will it start to get really potent and really nice tasting
if at any stage of this process you drop to below15c the cure slows down and if lower than 12c it stops and cannot be restarted
if you dry too quick you will not give the chlorophyll a chance to escape from bud and it will get locked into bud and bud tastes like hay
if contents of jar or bag goes at or below 55%rh the cure stops and cannot be restarted "

This works.
I don’t harvest in the dark cause i harvest on a whim :wink: and instead of jars i have been vacuum sealing but leaving a little air space like a jar would have. FINALLY i have that nice smell back all the plants smell and taste different and no harshness at all…smoooth.

9 Likes

You would dry the buds in the freezer? How long does that take?

About 20 days after a 3 to 5 days initial dry at about 60%rh

1 Like

I think it was fooling me because sometimes we just get a good bud right off the plant but if it has high chlorophyll it was still harsh

I always wait for the smell of hay to die before I bag it up. Chlorophyll tastes “green” to me if it’s dried too quick that taste is locked inside like gross.

1 Like

If the bud has went slightly under 62% you can blow into jar and reseal , the gmousture in your breath will be traped in jar and will raise humidity slightly , the more times you blow the more it will slightly rise humidity in jar kind off ( condensation on cold glass inside the jar ) if after contents of jar have equalised ( say 24hr ) and it’s still a hair low then repeat again etc

I’m happy this helped you @Canofbusjoe : )

4 Likes

Little update on the UBC Chemo here she is 16 days ago

Here she is yesterday

She is not allot taller but allot bushier.
in a 3gal pot in Subs supersoil recipe 25%/75% sunshine mix #4 she is 34 days into flower with about 40 to go. Had cal/mag def leftover from when i forgot the epsom salt

5 Likes

So I have a couple of questions to you my canna-fam
Do these plants of ours show sex in veg state?
I have had 2 different cultivars that showed sex from seed under 18/6 lighting.
I have one that seems to want to bud and the nodes are getting so tight and I wanted to keep her as a mom.
I only recently read about sexual maturity. I knew a plant would not flower until it is old enough but never thought of it as “sexual maturity”.
So if I leave a plant in veg long enough it will show sex?
I also read here somewhere I think it was @OleReynard ( I could be wrong) mentioned that flowering plants before sexual maturity gives a higher % of males. Any experience with this? Thanks in advance for the answers or opinions.
:dash: :dash: :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Clever way to germ! :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

1 Like