Dank-D's stink box adventures

I grew about 10yrs ago with two 150 hps in a closet and heat was always an issue. Ever since I stopped I’ve had the itch to get growing again.
This time I found the perfect spot for a 3x3 grow groom in my cold cellar however the room was about 10’ x 6’ and much larger than I wanted. I built a wall making my space 3’ x 6’ but will only be growing in a 3 x 3 space leaving me plenty of room.
I will be using a HLG 260w qb Rspec L.E.D. grow light with a 4" cloudnine s4 fan with infinity carbon filter in soil.
The cold cellar will be lined with the reflective foam board. If you notice the the 2x2 square on the back wall , that leads outside and I will pull and exhaust though that. This spot was just screaming at me to grow since I bought this house with the cooler temps.

19 Likes

22 Likes

Welcome back to the best hobby in the world, lol
What strains have you grown in the past, and what will you be growing?

6 Likes

Insulate the room and dont put the pots directly on the floor. I would run a sealed room with co2 and no air intake or out. Put a heater in there if need be

11 Likes

Changed my mind on the light and have decided to go with spider farmer sf4000 450w over the hlg 260w

11 Likes

Hey Dank-D

Welcome to OG, looks like you’ve got a great little spot to grow. Do keep us informed with your progress and don’t be afraid to ask questions, we’re a very friendly bunch here.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Great choice on the Spyder farmer, I use a SF2000 for a 2x4 tent, and it works very nicely.
Nice sounding strains.
If it were me, I’d for surely go with the Sour Bubble x Alaskan Thunder Fuck, then I’d probably pick the Headband, very nice smoke

2 Likes

Actually starting to look like a grow room

25 Likes

Looking good @anon81143130

1 Like

Nicely done my friend

1 Like

Holy shit ya…looks like you’ve been working…did the wife help you? haha kidding

2 Likes

Next step will be running power into the room and intake and exhaust then decided if your going soil or hydro. Odor control depending where you are…mine are 2 days into flower

3 Likes

sounds like you got it all mapped out…looks clean. I think you’ll do very well. I popped my beans in the window sill before i even had my lights up and then moved them under the lights. I think i did it before i even bought lights. You got a very nice room set up there…

1 Like

17 Likes

Right on…Ive been wondering how you were doing. Good job

2 Likes

Friggin’ sweet, man!!! Very, very clean!! That minimalist look is so pleasing to the eye.

4 Likes

I’m a neat freak… kept everything up and tight. I even mounted my room controller nice and fancy. I’m pretty happy with the cloudnine w the controller, it seems to moving plenty of air.

6 Likes

Wow , I’ve never had beans pop so quick. They started opening after just 12hrs in paper towel method. All feminized seeds…2 cali connection cherries jubilee…2 seedsman blueberry…1 seedsman jack herer.
Anyone here ever grow cherries jubilee? Those things were pretty expensive at $120 for 6 seeds but damn they look good.

12 Likes

Whoa better be worth it hey…i was wondering what was going on with you. So i ended up with one male out of 4 plants so i will have my own seeds soon. You must be rich 20 bucks a seed…hehe

2 Likes

I hate paying much for seeds but if you really think about it for $20 for a fem seed of something killer isn’t a bad deal. Saves you hours of time cloning, sexing etc. I really enjoy growing them for the simplicity. 4 seeds = 4 budding plants . If the plants come out inconsistent or crappy it really blows though haha

@anon81143130 room looks tight! I’d recommend something to keep them up off the floor a couple inches if you can. It’ll keep the root balls a bit warmer and allow for some airflow underneath.

6 Likes