My Sole Survivor.........

This is the sole survivor from my first grow attempt. Auto Carmelicious. 5 gallon fabric pot. Soil is a mixture I threw together (some organic potting soil, coco, perlite, castings, manure). Outside in SW Virginia. Have been using FF nutrients at half strength every 3-4 days.

Anything I can do to help this plant along?

Thanks.

10 Likes

Welcome to og, go introduce yourself at the new member thread! I’m sure someone will chime in. But it looks like it’s already budding and will be finishing later with a few nugs… not much I can think of to do anything for it now. Has it been out all season?

4 Likes

Welcome @rthensley!
One thing about autos is that they have a finite life span. While a 5 gallon pot would generally be fine for a photo strain, it isn’t optimal for a auto. The reason being the auto will expend energy producing roots and not new growth, buds, etc. I typically up plant to a 2 - 2 1/2 gallon container with autos which produces a decent sized plant and yield. Good luck and positive vibes!

3 Likes

A US gallon for every month of life is the recommendation for autos. Ignore the breeder times. No plant will be ready in 8 weeks :roll_eyes:
I’ve found most autos I’ve ran finish more around the 10 - 12 week mark :+1:

3 Likes

Yes. It has been outside the entire time.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @rthensley . One thing I would do is toss that meter you have stuck in the soil. They are notoriously wrong with their readings.

2 Likes

Should grow some nice smoke in the end, I’m actually growing a few autos right now, two under a 600 watt hps, and I have 4 auto seedlings and 2 more germing as we speak. I wanted to do a bunch of them. Needed some quickish bud for smoke.

1 Like

Ditto on the welcome @rthensley.

1 Like