Name that ailment

Plants were fine in the mom/ clone box and swapped them to the flower tent and this happened. Stems turned solid people and you can see the leaves. Running dwc pH is 6.2.

They did go from about 25w/sqft to just over 50 and a 15% increase in nute strength.

4 Likes

:thought_balloon:
purple stems can be: just the strain, cold temps, phosphorus problems(pH immobile) & so I’ll initially question the pH-O-meter but presuming thats OK… :thinking: hmm… are we about to see nutrient burned leaves?

how long ago was the change & how fast did the symptoms occur?

(not that I can answer for you :sweat_smile: just some additional thoughts)

thought you had the flu or some shit
:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Change was last week, been forcing myself to not open the tent every day and love them to death so 3 days. The reason I upped the feed is in the small box with little light I keep them on a low feed to keep them from getting too big. Gh flora 3 part. They were getting 5ml/gal and I upped it to 7.5ml/ gal of each because last time they got really hungry. Temps are high 70s lights on 73 lights off. Ran all these strains before and no purple stems

1 Like

What’s the ppm/ec?

I some times had calmag issues when transitioning with GH flora.

3 Likes

since they changed enviroments ?

1 Like

Mag I think : )

4 Likes

One week since they changed environments
@ifish too much or too little lol the pics one looked at could be either.

2 Likes

With the hike in lighting power increasing growth rate I’d say mag def : )

7 Likes

That’s the opposite of what I’ve been told by a few others, I added calmag to one set and not the other to see what happens

They looked hungry last time and I upped the feed from the already scheduled increase and burned every leaf on the plant to a crisp lol. Most of my sugar leaves burned almost to the flower and some all the way to the stem. I’ll slowly add a little more calmag giving a day or two between to watch the changes then adjust the res that I left alone. Figure this way is probably best so I don’t have a total loss or near loss like last time

3 Likes

I agree with Magnesium, Mg prefers a slightly alkaline pH, perhaps you could raise it a bit to see if it helps with the intake … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Already running 6-6.2 at start

I always thought Mg deficiency when I see purple stems, and petioles, but more recent research is leading me to believe that a P deficiency ( or P lock-out ) might be the culprit.

3 Likes

Needs CalMag. I had the same issue with some plants a couple years ago and it took me forever to find out what the problem was. The leaves would start turning a neon yellow on the outside edges, creeping inward. I add 5ml per gal at least every 3rd watering, sometimes every other.
And if you are using LEDs you can always expect your plants to need extra CalMag.

4 Likes

Early stages of deficiency.

4 Likes

I know that, but perhaps it’s not high enough … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I was thinking Magnesium too. The leaves are clawing a bit, if that’s the right term.

3 Likes

Early in Flower, I am growing a Photo-period right next to an AutoFlower.
This Melting kind of effect has affected each plant in a similar yet unique way.

Would anybody be able to name or help identify this Ailment.

Thanks. SSDD #2 is first then a Jack Herer Auto

2 Likes

looks vaaaaaguely like light burn, but not convincingly… :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

As it turned-out @cannabissequoia, it was a Nitrogen toxicity that caused the early yellowing and edge damage !

Thanks for taking a look, things are getting better. They are recovering.

1 Like

I made a nice super-soil,
Doh, Then added a 50% strength, Veg Fertilizer… to the S. Soil

Just a little overboard. But thats what it was

1 Like