Start to a potassium deficiency

Hey guys , I’m a first time grower and have found a potassium deficiency starting in day 3 of flower , I know it’s early so I can fix this , today I gave a foliar spray with 0-12-0 seabird guano , maxi crop and earthworms . It doesn’t seem to be going away after about 6 hours and only getting worse and I also gave them a little bit of the compost tea for a little feed . Should I wait it out or keep looking for ways to fix it the stems to my plants are getting hard and purple to , I top dressed yesterday and am also waiting for that to kick in

6 Likes

If you look in at the tips of some of the fan leafs you can see they are yellowing

1 Like

5 Likes

Personally, I think you’re looking/expecting too rapid a change, Plants DON’T “auto correct”. Give it a few days, you may begin to see improvement. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

They look fine to me. Steady as she goes.

8 Likes

Relax, plants look great

4 Likes

I find it takes 2-3 days for things you do to have an effect, day 1 the plants uptakes it, then 2 and 3 it puts it to use. 6 hours is way faster than you would see a change.

Put a bunch of litfa on it and relax.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s the lighting but I don’t see a problem. Plants look fine. In early flower with more intense light from veg, the rapid new growth can appear yellowish.

5 Likes

You gave high phosphorus guano to fix what you believe to be a potassium deficiency? Am I reading that correctly?

Edit: I’m far from anyone with knowledge, but the plants look pretty good to me.

2 Likes

And earthworms, I think he means castings, but that’s high N.

2 Likes

Seabird guano is all organic P and not easily absorbed by foliar spraying. Not to mention it and bat guano use is causing the decimation of both populations by greedy entrepreneurs destroying their habitat and spreading disease to collect the guano to sell to so-called sustainable organic gardeners. They don’t give a shit about the damage they do but right minded people should.

I don’t see any indication of low P as it will happen to older fan leaves long before it affects newer growth as it’s a mobile nutrient and can be relocated to new growth if needed. Not just low P causes purple stems and even some strains do that as part of their growth with lots of everything to eat.

P is way overused by pot growers.

:peace:

6 Likes

Haha yeah they needed it for the transition to flower because the nutrients I top dressed with take a couple days , for the deficiency problem I used 0-0-17 kelp in the tea and it was also in the foliar spray , which the plants are loving wayyyy more than I thought haha . About 3 inches of new growth today

Yeah, kelp has lots of KOH. It acts as a strong base too, so be careful and watch pH.

I dont see any issues other than you. The plant looks fine but if you adding things to a healthy plant it won’t look healthy for long. Stay out of its way, it knows what to do. Happy. Growing

4 Likes

I think that when we try to correct inexistent problems is when the real problems appear, they’re looking fine … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Be happy they look great .

You have no deficiency of any sort as far as I can see. You said you were a new grower, well I have a tip.
Those cannabis deficiency charts and pages you see all over the internet, forget about those things.
And next time, for a few grows at least, ask for help before trying to fix a problem you know you have.
You will possibly see negative results from what you did. Only time will tell.
There are some knowledgeable growers here that are willing to help at a moments notice. Take advantage of it and save yourself some heartache.

1 Like

:joy: I top dressed and the problem started to go away once the medium inoculated , I actually did start to have a deficiency because I waited to long to top dress but :face_with_monocle: Ill take the discoloration with a grain of salt next time.

There is so much information on growing cannabis it can be overwhelming, but in my experience it is one of if not the most easy growing vigorous plants in the world.

Definitely easier than tomatoes or peppers, or cacti.

The point being don’t overthink it, don’t over stress it, don’t overdo it.

1 Like

100%. About as useful as an astrology chart. IDK if I’ve ever even seen a grower with a proper deficiency, always ends up being a pH, underfeeding, or environmental/pest issue.

Mayyyybe for like large scale outdoor fields where, say, the native soil may not have any boron in it or something, but pretty much anyone growing herb uses a complete fertilizer or close to it.

1 Like