Deficient and neglected - any ideas?

I would like to ask the Hive Mind what I could have done to salvage this plant. I did not have the time to give her beyond the basics.

This lady was crippled from seedling, but it just got worse and worse.

I flushed with pH’d water. I dried her out. Gave her calmag and weak food. Nothing. Dried her out again, flushed again. No pests. Maybe something went terribly wrong with the dirt and locked out?

Can anyone offer some insight into this situation here?

I clearly see deficiency. Buds have no hairs. Trichomes are nice though. What’s up with that uber-thick stock and super woody knuckles (she was supercropped along with all the others, but did not recover like the others…)

3 Likes

what light cycle is it on now?

it looks slightly revegged received in the bud

2 Likes

@toastyjakes, it’s an auto from Crop King - NY sour diesel, been on 18/6 since birth, the other two are doing just fine…

hmmm its definately interesting

2 Likes

Every once in a while you’ll get a particularly weak plant. I’d say cut your losses on this one and pop a fresh seed.

Somehow, it got stunted or perhaps the “auto” part of this plant isn’t particularly dominant.

If you have a seperate space, try giving it some 12/12 lighting and see what happens, you know… for experimentation :wink:

7 Likes

I’ll try that @Jellypowered – i do have a separate space, and a blurple, so will give it a shot maybe. Otherwise, as someone on here said somewhere “the rosin press doesn’t care” :wink:

Just foliar sprayed it with 450ppm MgSO4 - why not, eh?

Cheers,
HH

3 Likes

I agree with @Jellypowered on this one I had two Kush strains that just didn’t thrive at all compared to the others planted at the same time this year after about a month and a half they still looked pathetic and I ended up yanking them out!

3 Likes

Purple leaves = Phosphorous Def.
Purple stem stripes = Sulphur Def.
Pale Yellow lower leaves + purple petioles = Nitrogen Def.
All above =overall deficiency
Brown leaf tips = overall toxicity? was this from before flush?

Strange one, did you get purpling after flushing?
Are the roots ok? is the dripper etc plugged?

Was this plant pale its whole life?, I had an outdoor plant that would never grow properly indoors. a mango. was light bleached its whole life

2 Likes

@gordongecko, the plant was having issues from day 1 of its life as a seedling – pale with ever so slightly curled-down leaves. But definitely not this pale. I can’t tell exactly how pale because i am red-green colorblind and find it supremely difficult to distinguish shades of green vs brown vs lime-yellow. So it is entirely possible that I just didn’t see the early deficiency.

I thought it was overwatering, so i dried her out. Then more problems happened, so i fed her some calmag, foliar MgSO4, and about 350 ppm of all-around nutrients. Then it got worse still, so I have been keeping with a very moderate feeding and mag sulf foliar. No idea how the toxicity happened - all three plants were given the same medium, and the other two are doing fantastic in comparison.

But it is possible that the soil load was too hot due to poor mixing, and/or too dense and didn’t drain at the same rate? Then compounded?

I can see purple though, and the stems used to be almost entirely purple before cal mag and mag sulf. They cleared up but the rest went to shit lol

Thanks for the concise summary of symptoms vs. causes, gives me a solid idea of how bad it is :wink:
I am not that experienced with plant health issues - I must have been lucky in the past, no issues other than occasional nute burn, wind burn, light burn, and, of course, overwatering when i first started…

Id check the roots and if ok, just feed as normal, harvest. you’ve come this far, may as well try it.

1 Like

Ive gotta agree.
Plants are like every other life form, some are born with the inability to process nutrients or make sugars or even photosynthesise.
Sometimes in a litter of pups, one just doesn’t have what it needs biologicaly to function, and sadly can’t continue without massive intervention and non stop care.
Nature used to take care of it but humans have a kind heart and try anyway.
Good Hunting

3 Likes

I have chopped the plant down and performed an autopsy of the root system. Didnt get pics due to all the excitement

They were overwatered afterall. Which led to a magnesium deficiency, which led to calcium deficiency and finally locked out nitrogen.

Overwatering was a result of clumped up medium in the lower 1/3 of the pot. When feeling the pot it felt sufficiently light, but the bottom was one soupy mess still, while the top was nice and dry. Roots were rotting on the bottom, and too dry on the top.

Final answer: negilegent mixing and poor investigative skills lol

Gonna keep this in the “things to do sober” section of my memory warehouse

1 Like