Need help with curing - grove bags

So I recently finished a run. Let everything g hang at 56-60RH and 68* for about 20-30 days. When most small stems would snap i bucked everything and put into grove bags.

Today for shits and giggles I tossed one of those cheap small rectangular hydrometers you can buy in 4 packs on Amazon into two bags. They’re sitting at 62% RH inside the grove bags. Is this safe? I had expected to see 60 or less as that’s what the room was at.

I’m worried about mold and such during long term storage in the bags.

9 Likes

62% should be perfect. Check out the Grove Bags thread. :v:

14 Likes

62 is perfect in my Humble opinion

7 Likes

Those hydrometers usually have an accuracy of 5% plus or minus also.

I’d say you’re in the sweet spot.

You can also burp them, just like jars, if you wanted.

8 Likes

Grove bags are awesome.

3 Likes

I literally just spent 75 bucks on an assortment pack last night, all the reviews on here of em have me sold

5 Likes

This would have been more correctly stated as “The bags maintain…” .
What level a person puts the buds in is what they will stay. Maybe I should change that on my post. I wouldn’t want to mislead anyone.
Thanks for putting that link on @DougDawson . :+1:t5:

Just checked. I can’t change it. No biggie. It’s all pretty much in the thread anyway.

5 Likes

Thanks! Way to many to burp ha

2 Likes

Long term storage how do you guys store? I just tossed all the groves into a Rubbermaid tub….

2 Likes

I use a bucket with air tight lid.

2 Likes

I did just that for a while @Animosity . Now there’s a lot more metal around them. lol

1 Like

Lot more metal?
Confused?

I keep it all in an old gun safe.

7 Likes

Mainly it’s being as compliant as I can with the rules set up for medical growing in Mo. If they ever get a notion to check up on me they’ll find no reason to bitch.

3 Likes

I keep my stash in a gutted out soda machine made into a safe lol

6 Likes

I can see where it would work. :slight_smile:
I’d hate to try breaking into one and your not going to carry the thing away.
:laughing:

Haha epic bro

2 Likes

I wouldn’t of let the weed air for more then a week dry weed like that can absorbe oders and change the taste of your weed screws up the terpines

Not only that but if someone is gonna break in to steal they are gonna look for a safe and prob think nothing over an old vending machine haha

Gutted it and carpeted boards for the inside surround

Got just a “smidge” of pot inside haha

17 Likes

Smart idea

1 Like