I dont use a sterile rez, but I have read a lot about it. There are some scientific studies I have read that say sterile rez technique is a bad idea. By the time you add enough bleach to the rez to actually kill any pathogens, the concentration will be high enough to damage the roots.
On the other hand, there are a shit ton of people who swear by it This is not an unusual situation in growing weed
There are two downsides to using regular bleach . For one, its a lot cheaper to use pool shock. It is far more concentrated and a lot cheaper. A $5 bag of powdered pool shock will make hundreds of gallons of concentrate that can treat 1000's of gallons of rez water.
The other thing is that most liquid bleach breaks down fairly quickly and gets less potent once the bottle is opened. So you will not be able to maintain a consistent dosing.
You can calculate the dosage you want in PPM with some math.
1 MG (.001 grams or 1 milligram) of chlorine added to 1 liter (1000 grams) of water = 1 PPM = one part bleach to one million parts water = 1/1,000,000 million.
So if we take @HappyHemper example above, he used .5 gm of pool shock in 66 liters of water.
The pool shock I bought at WalMart has an "Available Chlorine" concentration of 48.6%. That means he added .5gm x 48.6% = .5 x .486 = .243 gm of chlorine to 66 liters of water.
Thats 243 mg of chlorine to 66 liters of water = 3.68 PPM.
The short version of the formula is total mg of chlorine / liters of water = PPM.
My bottled bleach is - very roughly - 10 times less concentrated. Keep in mind, not all pool shock or bottled bleach has the same concentrations, so you need to read the label.