Need some help getting off the bottle?

All i have learned about KNF is that you feed the soil, and the microbes and everything in it. You are not feeding the plant. The pant will take what it needs only, but everything will be there. Like feeding a pregnant woman, if you give her good food the baby will be smart, healthy, strong, and such… Or the other case.

You cannot force a plant in KNF to take more than what she needs, she will only take what it is required. In DWC you can make a plant like a mutant or something, but with KNF it’s never going to happen. Nevertheless the plant will be the best version of itself…

Am i correct @lotus710 ?

4 Likes

its nothing really. you can just start it the day before. making teas gets addictive. i always forget and thats why i have topdressing and ferments:)

kind of. ferments can be really really strong. if your soil is just starting out you might want to keep an eye on ph of ferments. they are acidic and will lower the ph. now thats just if youre super charging them. ive never had a problem like this. nor have i tested ph of ferments or the feed.

if by this you mean can you make ferments with a specific NPK value then yes! you just look up the nutrients of the plants you are fermenting, ferment them and mix them together as needed. just a little math needed forsure.

2 Likes

yes basically. if you feed a ton of ferments youll have a lot of nutrients in your soil, if you have a healthy soil the problems of too much food should be taken care of, cover crops can help too.

2 Likes

For the teas, it’s the fear of unknown to make it a full time job ^^ I have to test to fully evaluate this side of the equation.

But these ferments sound more and more sexy to me if can make them enough strong to generate specific response of somes plants.

Damn, the PH. I forgot it.
I grow PH free since a while ^^ No need to say that in this condition, it’s critical to control it. And i guess that i can’t cheat with electroculture to fix the KH, or i will kill everything.

if by this you mean can you make ferments with a specific NPK value then yes! you just look up the nutrients of the plants you are fermenting, ferment them and mix them together as needed. just a little math needed forsure.

Good training for my english anyway ^^ I’ve writed a bad sentence again, it’s not what i mean.

Is it possible to manipulate the equilibrum of the intermediates that deliver the nutrients to the plant in a case, by example, where i want to lower the P “suddently” to generate a targeted carency ?

I try to extrapolate the thing in the lazzy way, where i have only one soil basis for everything ^^

1 Like

im not sure about lowering a nutrient all of a sudden. that seems like youd have to do flushing. and thats no good for a notill soil. if you specifically fed ferments and did some experimenting i feel you could find out a way to do it.

2 Likes

@lotus710 - Let’s put it in terms this person might understand with the KNF feeding chart.
For veg mode you give inputs specific for veg - Fermented Plant Juices
For flower - Fermented Fruit Juices and WCa

OHN - at all feedings
BRV - at all feedings

LAB until last 3 weeks of bloom as it can lowers sugars (brix)

Getting off the bottle… more like not buying premade bottled goops.
Have a bunch of little bottles that need keeping track of, but it’s all
the different ferments in the smaller quantities for a tiny box grow…

5 Likes

thats perfect. i personally dont use ohn or brv every watering. only once a week as part of IPM.

i totaly forgot i mde wca but its not like i really need itXD

i use LAB with sugar last bit of flower. i also use VEG LAB for veg. this is just when you take your rice wash longer so N fixing bacteria start growing!

off the bottle and onto the mason jars!

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on this… how much longer to attract the N-fixers?
Did a propagation of the LAB, mixing 5:1 with water and good dose of
sugar to feed on and allow to ferment freely.

2 Likes

seems interesting, report findings on the lab thread maybe?

just leave it till you see growth on top. looking for green, red, purple, yellow, just not black like usual

1 Like

The equilibriums in games are more clear now for me, good job ;o)

Let’s dance a little with acronyms ^^
KNF, WCA, OHN, LAB (lactic acid like the dedicated post here ? ) = ?

1 Like

can you do soilless notill or living soil? i like growing coco coir, thanks!

2 Likes

Viva_Mexico
14h
lotus710:
when you feed with chelated nutrients you are force feeding your plants and they take up what you give them.
How is using chelates or chelated nutrients force feeding? I believe this is incorrect. This is a very good thread, not trying to cause conflict

In my opinion giving chelates from a bottle still is force feeding I don’t think there’s any need to change previous thread! Let me clarify the “PLANT” is in control of the entire process they “call” for certain microbes, bacteria and what not, which attracts them right to the rhizosphere through exudates “plant specific” sugars the plant produces, this feeds the microbes thus giving back to the plant the nutes it needs in a chelated form. The compost and/or worm castings which is natures best soil amendment provides all the humic and fulvics that are ever needed by the plant. Let Mother Earth do what she has done for thousands of years and try to replicate this in your grows and you will be rewarded!

4 Likes

This is how " Minnesota Nice" feeds his plants for less than $15 a crop! Using natural inputs will save lots of :moneybag:!

3 Likes

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/m/#publication?id=HS1208

Heres a helpful read of chelated nutrients. It kind of says how they force a plant to uptake more nutrients that way they get bigger yeilds.

@Viva_Mexico

2 Likes

So, if i do no-till and turn my crop into hash. Then put the flowers back, how much would I need to amend? :thinking:

4 Likes

You would need very little if anything. If doing drysifting. The water from bubblehash would be like a tea so you could feed the water to the soil and mulch with the spent material

3 Likes

Fermented rosin chips… :wink: :thinking:

7 Likes

Ive seen lots of guys making rosin chip teas. I either made edibles for friends or powder them and topdress:)

4 Likes

Simple and effective, I like it!

3 Likes

Hey Lotus

I love this topic, i follow with passion !

Let them ask and ask ! i’ll keep/note/whrite all yours answers !

Pls debate on how to

++

L’ancien

1 Like