Need the wisdom of LED Users

They are good lights. I promise. I went from 480 watts of high dollar kind led blurple lights to these and the difference in results is astronomical. And it was less money then the kind led fixtures.

2 Likes

It still works out to 800 a light and if the foot print in flower is 6x6 its still a good deal given the cost of lights here any wayā€¦I value your knowledge and input bro.i know you know your shit :grin:

The SF s4000 is 850 canadian off amazon.ca so its 50 bucks a light cheaper even with the shipping and import charges

3 Likes

It only pulls about 490 watts. Its more then suitable for a 4x4 which is my flower space. I think the 6x6 advertisement is a bit of a stretch for flower. Just being honest.

2 Likes

Its pretty much a knockoff of the hlg 550 rspec

2 Likes

I appreciate your honesty.I can still work with that.Thats why i started this thread there is so many lights out there and big claims of what they do.Always nice to get info from growers using them.

2 Likes

The lm301h diodes are as good as it gets at the moment for horticulture leds. 30-40 watts per square foot is whats recommended. So at 480 watts that equals 30 watts per square foot in a 4x4. My yields and bud quality are much better then i had with the 480 watts of blurple leds i was using.

4 Likes

I am actually thinking of ordering the 4pack with the 2 500w and the 2 240w if i have enough for it lol.I am just happy to be back growing again and getting good results with my 1000w hps and my collection of burples.This grow and harvest will give me the cash to upgrade to high end LED lights

4 Likes

I hope this isnā€™t too late for you.
If theyā€™re claiming a 6x6 flower footprint from a 500w fixture RUN donā€™t walk away from them as fast as your feet will carry you. Laws of physics say it ainā€™t happeninā€™.
The PAR map on this thing will be atrocious ā€¦ the center of your grow will do fine, but Iā€™m guessing that outside of a 3x3 area the drop off will be dramatic. This is a perfect case of if something seems like itā€™s too good to be true it probably is.
Fluence and Gavita make the best LED fixtures in the industry, and they only claim a 4x4 flower area for their 630w fixtures.

4 Likes

Not to late bos.i am a month out from buying new lights.appreciate your input

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an LED resource you will find helpful

Heā€™s reviewed dozens of lights and heā€™s the least biased person Iā€™ve come across doing reviews.

4 Likes

Here is my hygrow hlg550 rspec style light. Great light. Lm301h diodes are the best on the market at the moment. Its dimmed to 195 watts in this picture. My plants grow just as large of colas on the edge of the tent as they do in the center. Its more then enough light for a 4x4 tent.

3 Likes

Here is a pic from my first run using this light.

8 Likes

? :dash::dash:

HPS + MH

:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::grin:

2 Likes

Add 100 bucks for a hortilux hps bulb. Those bulbs that come in that kit are junk.

3 Likes

Yes still well under the$1000 mark.
Definitely agree with the $2/watt for LEDs. :+1:

3 Likes

Sorry, I mean $1000CAD. (itā€™s a general rule of thumb.) Was probably a bit of a ā€œhigh-ballā€ (opposite of low-ball?) lol.

You do get what you pay for though. That set in not comparable to some of the other high end HID fixtures. Itā€™s not bad at all, but itā€™s wonā€™t produce gram-to-gram what a better quality fixture+bulb would.

Most HID sets should come with both bulb as well. (although I could be wrong on that.)

3 Likes