Need tips to keep the plants small

Ok so I’m starting a batch for seed and the space I’ll be using is only 36 inches tall total so 30 inches under the light. Any tips to keep the plants small? I’ve even thought about growing in… Uck dirt… To keep them short lol i normally do dwc so small plants are almost impossible with it lol

Got 2 of those boxes that one is pretty much sealed so prefect foe seed so it doesn’t pollinate the 4x4 a couple feet away.

4 Likes

More blue in your spectrum. So 4000k plus on your lighting. Slim profile lights better to maximize space. Topping and LST. With a really short veg. Pay attention to genetic traits too

Royal blue citizen citiled clu038s are good for keeping height down too. And can out a light together cheap as chips

7 Likes

I have 2 5000k 4ft shop lights at the top of that cab 125w each and the cob is 3000k and has a 100w driver in it, i also have a cheap 35w burple i could throw in there with everything else. I could always go to the 4x4 if I had to but would rather keep that space for bud.

2 Likes

Small containers will definitely help. Like solo Cup sized small containers.

Have fun watering lol

7 Likes

Root restriction (small containers), short veg, topping, LST, flopping, whatever it takes. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Feed them at a 1/1/1 ratio, like you would a Mother plant you want to grow slowly . Keep your N low

3 Likes

I was thinking of using my 1 gallon mini resivoirs and run them dwc but afraid of them getting to big and my seed run getting compromised. I could always go buy more small totes and some soil and do this the dirty way but don’t have a big enough tray to put down for run off after drilling holes in the tote to drain.

2 Likes

I would suggest running everything 12/12 from seed in max 3 gallon pots.

Others mentioned LST which would also help.

Can even start to cut back time once they start flowering to 11/13.

With the 12/12 from seed you should be able to use that height effectively.

3 Likes

ditto from a fellow micro grower

2 Likes

If you assume the pot is 10” then you only have 20” to play with. LST the shit out of them and flip the switch at 10” give or take.

Well I just couldn’t bring myself to bring soil into my room so heres the setup. 1 gal res for each plant

I’ll be pruning and lst the hell out of them and as soon as they show roots going 12/12

7 Likes

According to Jorge Cervantes B-9 folic acid […] inhibits the enzyme that makes gibberellic acid resulting in a bushier dwarf-type plant without pruning.

4 Likes

Hummmmm that’s got me interested. Got a link? Now I’m gonna be looking for folic acid sources the plants can use

2 Likes

Old school.

1 Like

Doing a little looking super thrive has B9 in it. Hummmm.

1 Like