New LED growlight build

I didnt try Youtube. I much prefer to read in a forum or a dedicated webpage, rather than wade through a video, but I will give it a try.

They mention loop timers. Have you tried that?

I haven’t fooled around with the loop timers. I only want feed cycles during lights on so I have mine set for 4 half hour drip cycles during that lights on time. With the scheduler, you have 8 events so I have 4 on’s and 4 off’s.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

LOL - this is the extra chars needed…

I finally got round to working on my cabinet. It used to be under my workbench which was a pain to get at so I put it on legs and moved it to a different spot in my shed/shop.its also slightly less deep front to back to fit in the new location. I set up a reservoir directly under the plant space and I plan to try recycling my nutes. I have a small 12 volt pump controlled by one of my sonoff switches to come on 4 times per day during lights on. The coco chips drain really well so I think this will work fine. The excess runs out the bottom of the cloth pots and back into the rez. I have a double ring of 1/4” soaker hose in each pot and it seems to do a good job of distributing the liquid. On the control panel side, the blue box has a sonoff dual inside. One switch control the mail grow light and the other will control a far red flower initiqltor that I’m going to try. The lone sonoff on the right controls the feeding pump. I have a small heater inside the box as well that is controlled by a inkbird switch to come on at 66 degrees and shut off at 73. Hopefully by the time I need cooling, I will have moved outside for the spring and summer. the light can be adjusted down close to the plants which I hope to get started as soon as my high cbd beans arrive. I guess that’s about it for now…

6 Likes

Day 20 in the bucket, I changed out the nute res today. I got a couple of really cheap ph pens and they are not worth a damn. I’m gonna start using the drops just to verify my nute mix. Today I used 6 grams of MegaCrop in 2 gallons of tap water and according to some ph strips I have it was at 5.8 without any up or down. I guess that’s about ok… The plant looks ok to me anyway…

1 Like

I tried two different cheap pens and they both sucked. Even after multiple calibrations and fiddling, you could not get the same reading two times in a row from the exact same glass of water.

I decided to just use drops, but its hard to dial in the PH really close with drops. Plus, it takes a lot of time and and its kind of a bother. Since Im going to be going hydro next grow, Because if the trouble, Ive been looking into better digital options. I also need an EC/PPM meter, so Ive been looking at those as well. I just found a good deal on a combo pen that isnt horribly expensive, but has decent reviews on Amazon. It was also recommended in a couple of hydro threads I read recently. It has a 30 day, no questions return warranty, so Im going to give it a try. Its on sale for 1/2 what it goes for anywhere else, so I jumped on it.

EDIT: I DO NOT recommend buying from that seller. He is a crook. They sent me an email saying it had shipped 2nd day air, and was supposed to arrive last Wed. It never arrived. UPS has no record of it and they have not returned any of my 4 emails. I checked their feed back (way too late) and its all negative for the least several months. Most with the exact same situation Im in. They never ship the product and dont respond to emails. I used PayPal, so I will get my money back - eventually.

a couple days ago I got some seeds in the mail from friends doing a cbd cross between several varieties. So I started 10 seeds including one freebie that I had already. So I got 3 Nurse Larry, 3 Blueberry and 3 CBD Crew Indicas all crossed with Valentine-x. So Valentine-x is rumored to be 25:1 cbd:thc. The others are supposed to be good CBD producers as well. So I’m excited to see what we get… I just planted them today in some home made cloth pots full of coco chips. I’m sure my grow cabinet will clear out some as these guys show their sex so It’s a little crowded right now.
My auto feed/water system seems to be working but I’m doing it by hand for the first week or so. Well here goes!!!

4 Likes

Looking good!

I want to edit the post above about the PH meter I ordered. I DO NOT recommend buying from that seller. He is a crook. They sent me an email saying it had shipped 2nd day air, and was supposed to arrive last Wed. It never arrived. UPS has no record of it and they have not returned any of my 4 emails. I checked their feed back (way too late) and its all negative for the least several months. Most with the exact same situation Im in. They never ship the product and dont respond to emails. I used PayPal, so I will get my money back - eventually.

1 Like

I got a couple emerging and I installed a soaker hose loop on each to help even out the feeding. Hopeful in the morning I’ll have some green going on in each one. The only fem for sure in the bunch is 1 purple Orange CBD seed. On the far left.

4 Likes

Hey I also got purple Orange CBD poped :slight_smile: I am at 4 weeks veg now :slight_smile: I Hope everything Will ok at you as well. Looking good so far! :muscle:

1 Like

Lotsa little newborns…

1 Like

Let the the good times roll. :wheel_of_dharma:

99%

I am not a plant person or a natural grower/gardener in any way shape or form. I hate mowing my grass and refuse to plant flowers outside and I dont have any house plants that are “mine”. My wife does all that stuff so I dont have to mess with it or think about it.

So, I was shocked to find out how excited I got when my babies first broke through and showed themselves. There is something about bringing something new to life I guess.

Anyway, congrats!!

5 Likes

I do believe you now are :wink:

2 Likes

Yes and I seem to check on them and fiddle with them endlessly…It’s a wonder they’re still alive.

1 Like

The best advice I’ve heard in regards to that is this: if you feel the need to mess with the plants, yet there is nothing to do, spray the with declorinated water. It will give you some purpose and not hurt the plants. Probably wouldn’t want to do that a lot in flower, but by then you’ll be busy sniffing and staring.

4 Likes

Some of the best advice I have seen today.

99%

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I picked that up from Grow Tube. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

You need to be a little careful how and when you do that. I managed to burn a bunch of leaves because the droplets from spraying during the day, focused the light and burned them.

Im the same way though. I cant seem to stop wanting to check on them, fiddle with them or do something several times a day. I have to stop myself from pruning or training when I shouldnt!

I found out that when I switched to 12/12 it was like going into withdrawl!

3 Likes

@2RedEyes I like your setup.

there is a loop timer in the stock Sonoff firmware that will do that. You can’t set the loop timer to only function during a certain time period. Like only when the lights are on, the loop timer overrides the other schedules. The stock firmware is pretty bad if you find a good alternative one let us know.